Sunroof Rattle - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 05:26 PM Thread Starter

Sunroof Rattle

The other day i noticed that something was rattling in my car. I could not figure out where it was coming from. Then i noticed when i went over a hard bump it sounded like something was getting ready to shatter so i pulled the sunroof door or whatever you want to call it back. After doing this i noticed the rattling was coming from the sunroof. I pushed up on the sunroof a bit and noticed that it was moving quite a bit. I have a 2006 cobalt ss/sc with 700 miles on it. Has anybody had this sort of problem out of theirs? I'm taking it to the dealership friday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 05:33 PM
Contributing User

i haven't had that problem and i just turned 21k in mine. but i have heard of it before. they should be able to tighten it and fix it. shouldn't be a big deal.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

I'm sure your right that its an easy fix, I was just curious if anybody has the same problem and knew what their dealership did for the fix. I'm thinking that it is the cable that goes to the sunroof might be out of adjustment. The day after I bought my car I noticed the rearview mirror was a bit loose and I took a 3" hex key tool and tighted it up myself and that is fixed now. So I am sure this is a simple fix, but I was just wanting to know before I took it in.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-14-2006, 08:42 PM
Contributing User

LP did you get it fixed? I had a leak and my roof was rattling like you described. It was an adjustment problem but you might want to check to see if you roof leaked. My roof didn't leak until the rattle started.

'06 Black Cobalt SS Sedan
'71 Corvette Convertible

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-23-2006, 07:28 PM

I also have had problems with my sunroof rattling which started at around 5000 km and I have already taken it in to the dealer once where they tightened the sunroof housing, however the rattling still remains. I don't have any leaking problems (have been through a few wicked rain storms with no problems). I will be getting the dealer to attempt to fix the problem again on the next service.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-25-2006, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDHBLKSS/SC View Post
I also have had problems with my sunroof rattling which started at around 5000 km and I have already taken it in to the dealer once where they tightened the sunroof housing, however the rattling still remains. I don't have any leaking problems (have been through a few wicked rain storms with no problems). I will be getting the dealer to attempt to fix the problem again on the next service.
No rattles in the sunroof but there is an annoying rattle in my driver side door
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 02:09 AM

In my case the plastic track on one side of the sun roof was broken. The sunroom still opened and closed but a tab that "locks" the sunroof down when its closed had broken off one side. The dealership replaced the entire sunroof frame to fix the problem.

-Curtiss
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode