just bought, 2day later, back at dealer - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Angry just bought, 2day later, back at dealer

I just bought a ss S/C yellow. on a monday and then I had to bring it back on wed. because if I would give it more that half throttle it would bogg out one me and the boost gauge would read at 20psi. But there was no 20psi going through that blower, cause All I was doing was slowing down. Dealer says that it is the Cat.....but come on now. Any one else had this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 08:25 PM

Send a message via AIM to CoBIZZLE
My cat did that to my S-10 with 80,000 miles on it... brand new is rediculous though!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 08:34 PM Thread Starter

yeah I know, but 3 days of looking at it, thats what they tell me. On top of that they wont get the cat until tue. so I got to drive my car for ummm a day and thats it. so.....this sucks!!

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 08:34 PM

i could see the computer tuning itself down because it doesnt like the reading on the cat.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Contributing User

I've already had my cat replaced about 20,000 miles. My check engine light turned on and the tone rattled a lot more than it had before.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 08:59 PM

Is it new or used? Our cars run way too rich stock because everyday there is a cat failure with the SS\SC.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

The car is brand new, they drove it off the show room floor. Now the one thing is, is that it was the test drive model so it did have 150 miles on it. But still it has 172 right now. If this dosnt fix the problem then I am going to tell them to get me a diffrent car. (then I can get the blue one that I want) If anyone has had this problem, please let me know what it was if they figured it out.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 11:39 PM

Same kind of thing happened to the Evo's when I worked at Mitsu. The get started up a bunch of time just to move them around the lot and the carbon builds up in the cat in which kills it prematurely. I'm 99% sure the cat is the failure on your car.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-28-2006, 11:45 PM

well my question is then if the cat goes bad, it should throw a cel right? cause i thought i had deposits on the valves. when i get my exhaust done, i may lookin my cat and see what it looks like.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 08-29-2006, 12:25 AM

unacceptable. thats rediculous, hopefully it doesn't happen anymore once you get it fixed, do you have an 06 or 07, 06 i'm assuming right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode