Wheel problems on 06 SS/SC - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 10:58 PM Thread Starter
GTA

Angry Wheel problems on 06 SS/SC

Hi all,

I have a 06 Black SS/SC Recaro Cobalt, I am having problems with the "black" paint coming off the rims on the leading edge of the spokes.... it looks like stone chips tho i have never seen a gravel road with it...the car has only 6000 Km or 3600 miles and the wheels look like they are off a car with 100,000 km + ...its poor I took it back to the dealer and they are doing nothing about it...... any one else have the same problem...i will have more of a case if i am not the only one with it...thanks ....S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 11:11 PM

Send a message via AIM to CoBIZZLE
Yeah there have been other people that had their wheels chip pretty bad, Im not sure who all but I do recall seein at least a FEW people on this site alone with the problem. Do a search on teh forums about wheels, etc... and bump your thread regularly to get replies from someone who may have experienced this...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 11:13 PM
Contributing User

Yes I have the same problem. They look like shit. Its actually very bad on mine. looks like the rims at deteoriating (spelling). Never hit a curb or anything. I took it to the dealer and they wont do shit cause they are painted and they blamed it on rocks and curbs!
i was pissed! and still am!

2006 Cobalt SS S/C Arrival Blue
Mods: Hahn Racecraft GT35R Turbo build and full built motor
Long list=440WHP

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-11-2006, 11:19 PM Thread Starter
GTA

Really??.....Ok now i know that i am not alone....your right..I am pissed too, Maybe if we get enough of us together we can do something... I paid over 30 grand for this car..( Canadian ) and i do not believe for one second that the paint should be flaking off so easily...I took it to a friend who ownes a body shop and he said it just looks like shitty paint from the factory...any one else??? ...S
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-12-2006, 01:16 AM

Maybe you can reach an agreement with the dealership and see if they will just trade them out and give you the chrome ones, although when in good shape, the gunmetal ones do look bad-ass.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 07:44 PM

the paint off mine are chipping / falling off as well. mine did it within 1200 miles.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-23-2006, 07:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to CoBIZZLE
Way to contribute!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
GTA

re wheels...

Hi all

I have been in contact with another dealer , not the selling one but the same owner... He has put me in contact with one of the reps ...the dealer Service Manager is working hard for me on this one...he agrees...the wheels do look terrible and they seem to have a poor finish on them...he had also stated that they SHOULD be able to handle all weather, and conditions , so to see them in this kind of shape at only 6000 Km really raises some eyebrows any hoo thanks for the replys...if any one else has the same problems, please reply to this post ...I need this for ammo ... thanks again!! GTA.....
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 08:51 PM

Mine are chipping too. Only on one wheel. Let me know if the dealer does anything.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 09:26 PM

dont have to worry i went the chrome route.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode