Stuttering - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 04:51 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Stuttering

Lately all I've done with my car is drive it to/from work and school. No racing or anything of that sort. I change my fluids regularly such as oil every 3000 miles. Tires rotated every 5000. And fill it with Chevron's premium. So I think I keep decent care of my car, but I've had a problem that concerns me. Every now and then my car will act as if something is plugged up in the exhaust or fuel or electrical is shorting. This will happen randomly and for a split second, then acts like nothing happened. For example. My car was parked in idle tonight and I was outside of it when my exhaust rattled like the car backed up and then a little pressure built and then it cleared itself without raising rpm's beyond what it was idling at, though they did dip for a second. Then about 20 minutes later I'm cruising in 5th at about 65-70 mph and the car did this again. I've had a problem like this in the past on older cars, but the problem would be fixed when I replaced the coil pack or retightened a spark plug wire onto the distributor or spark plug. This car doesn't have spark plug wires and it is coil aon spark ingition. What do you guys think? A little help please. Could a coil be going out? Could I have an obstruction in my exhaust?

07 Tahoe LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 10:48 AM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to xravenwingsx Send a message via MSN to xravenwingsx
i've had all kinds of weird things like this happen lately, we should get together sometime soon and compare symptoms. also, my idle is REALLY rough and sometimes it almost doesn't want to start. hmmmm..... *scratches forehead*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Injen CAI + Corsa Touring + GMPP Stg 2 + Eibachs
Hawk Pads + too much suspension to mention
On the way: Flywheel + DC Sports header
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 01:14 PM
Contributing User

once is awhile (maybe about 3-4 times in past year) my car will almost start but not, and then when you try to restart it, it seems like it's flodded like to old carb'd cars. then takes about a min to start. weird. but no running issues when driving. but i do have 2.2l, so symptems may be different.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 06:46 PM

The rough idle is from the supercharger. I dont know about the stuttering problem go get your cat checked and see if its clogged. (wait that would cause a check engine light, right??)
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xravenwingsx View Post
i've had all kinds of weird things like this happen lately, we should get together sometime soon and compare symptoms. also, my idle is REALLY rough and sometimes it almost doesn't want to start. hmmmm..... *scratches forehead*
The fact it has a chevy emblem and a supercharger is a good place to start when discussing the car's faults.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-18-2006, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_____GHOST View Post
The fact it has a chevy emblem and a supercharger is a good place to start when discussing the car's faults.

ohhhh ahahahah...good one fucker!..

fuckin kill yourself alredy.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 02:53 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey_____GHOST View Post
^^^Don't start up on ravenwings or you will be messing with me! I know him and have a lot of respect for him. Whether you know it or not he does a lot for you and i will defend this guy till the last breath i ever breathe because of what he does.

Raven, I need to meet up with you anyways concerning other stuff. I've been trying to get a hold of you for almost 3 weeks now. I've sent text's to your cell and PM's on here and RME's forum. I'm available for the next 3 days anytime except friday from 12.30-14.00.

07 Tahoe LT

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now

Last edited by domin8_gt; 10-19-2006 at 02:56 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to xravenwingsx Send a message via MSN to xravenwingsx
Good lookin' out bro, thanks for the kind words. Just pm'd ya, just got back from Hawaii, that place is NUTS! made me wish i had my cobalt there, the rental car was terrible and the 'tuner' cars there were a joke-like something from a Need For Speed Underground game..you know, all decked out in body stickers and aluminum wings. ANYWAYS, I hope to hear from ya soon--oh! my CF trunk came in! I'll be putting it on in the spring. I'm debating whether to paint it or not. Later Bro!

Injen CAI + Corsa Touring + GMPP Stg 2 + Eibachs
Hawk Pads + too much suspension to mention
On the way: Flywheel + DC Sports header
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode