disgusted with GM - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

disgusted with GM

hey all

I love my new cobaltss/sc, but im fed up with GM... I have been back to the dealership 4 times now with this brand new car all for brake issues, and after reading others problems i see my car is not the only one. The last time i was in there they all but patted my head and told me to basically go hgome and play with my dolls, that i as a girl couldn't possibly know what i was talking about. Took the car for a second opinion and im not crazy brakes are in terrible shape. I see that a lot of you upgraded your rotors, would love some ideas on types and whats working best for you guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 09:49 AM

they said that to you

if they told you that your a girl and you dont know what your talking about. you can sue gm or that dealership for discrimination. and have those particualar workers fired. i would for sure. get a lawer orsomething i would definatly do that.

ryman.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlinden86 View Post
if they told you that your a girl and you dont know what your talking about. you can sue gm or that dealership for discrimination. and have those particualar workers fired. i would for sure. get a lawer orsomething i would definatly do that.

ryman.
If you read her post they didn't say that. But with the comments that they made it seemed like they said that to her.

You can always find the threads that talk about it and others experience with the problem and print it out for your service writer at your dealership of choice.

Also if any dealership gives you a hard time and or not treating you right. By all means call Chevy up and complain to them and ask them if they can suggest another dealership that is reasonably close.

As for upgrade rotors I really don't know since I don't own a Cobalt....Yet!!!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 12:30 AM
Contributing User

Here's a suggestion for aftermarket brakes.

http://www.cobalt-addiction.com/handling.htm

07 Tahoe LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domin8_gt View Post
Here's a suggestion for aftermarket brakes.

http://www.cobalt-addiction.com/handling.htm
I have grooves probably 1/16'' down in my rotor already had them turned on warranty cost but they still warp so the hell with gm brakes. im going for the lifetime warranty brembos with slotted rotors.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 05:10 PM
iso
Contributing User

i got powerslot rotors from www.turbotechracing.com cuz they seemed to have the cheapest prices. i also upgraded to ebc green stuff pads and got them through turbotech as well. i have noticed a mild decrease in stopiing distance, more of a resistance to brake fade, and more importantly, much higher durability over the stock rotors and pads.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

custom valve tap
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 02:00 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprchged View Post
I have grooves probably 1/16'' down in my rotor already had them turned on warranty cost but they still warp so the hell with gm brakes. im going for the lifetime warranty brembos with slotted rotors.
I hate to break it to you, but Brembo is one of GM's brake suppliers, or at least were a few years ago. I don't know if that is still the case, but I'd beware.

07 Tahoe LT

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 02:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domin8_gt View Post
I hate to break it to you, but Brembo is one of GM's brake suppliers, or at least were a few years ago. I don't know if that is still the case, but I'd beware.
Brembo is still a brake-part supplyer(sp?) to gm...they do in fact make our frount rotors...not sure about the rears tho. i would assume they do but i have no info on the rears.

how ever just becase they are made at a brembo plant does not meen they are nearly as good as a branded set of brembo's

take it to a differant dealer and have them swaped out. once they have been turned once they must be replaced. I have gone thro many sets of brakes on ss/sc.

if your looking for a long term fix i would waite for a true BBK come out for us with 2pice rotors...both frount and rear with the possibility of a larger multi-piston caliper.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 01:58 PM

more piston arent an issue becuase of the cars weight but this grooving shit has to go. And they better do it under warranty to I have under 7000 and a good set of brakes should def. go at least 12-15000
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprchged View Post
more piston arent an issue becuase of the cars weight but this grooving shit has to go. And they better do it under warranty to I have under 7000 and a good set of brakes should def. go at least 12-15000

woo there killer...slow down

"more piston arent an issue"...

in any application a caliper with multi-piston set up will always preform better then a single piston.

the grooving is due to the fact that our semi-high performance factory pads are a farily hard compound. while our stock rotors are nothing special.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode