clutch slipping? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 07:59 PM Thread Starter

clutch slipping?

hello every1 .. my buddy just got a 07 SS/SC, great car he loves it.. now question is he can power shift it all day long drive it hard all day long.. but now if he does a burnout on purpuse or even spins the tires for a lil but when he shifts into 2nd.. it feels like the clutch is gone...but he if lets the rps come down and punch it.. its like nthing was wrong with it. now were wondering is there somting the cars doing to prevent it self from breakin somting or is the clutch messed up.. thanks guys for all the help..we took it to the dealer but they siad nothing is wrong with the clutch.. and they wont do a burn out in it.. and they said its not ment to be driven like that
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-28-2006, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6racer View Post
hello every1 .. my buddy just got a 07 SS/SC, great car he loves it.. now question is he can power shift it all day long drive it hard all day long.. but now if he does a burnout on purpuse or even spins the tires for a lil but when he shifts into 2nd.. it feels like the clutch is gone...but he if lets the rps come down and punch it.. its like nthing was wrong with it. now were wondering is there somting the cars doing to prevent it self from breakin somting or is the clutch messed up.. thanks guys for all the help..we took it to the dealer but they siad nothing is wrong with the clutch.. and they wont do a burn out in it.. and they said its not ment to be driven like that
I dont know about the 07s but I do know the 05-06 SSs have had a problem with the clutch throwout bearing or something of the sort. I have seen on other threads that GM will take a shim that brings the clutch plate closer to the pressure plate and allows less slippage. I also have an opinion of this also... The stock Pirelli P-Roso Zeros are crap for grip, crap for wet use also. (I have to drive in 4th gear to keep from hydroplaning) So, it may also be the tires giving way at high rpms. Also note: From my knowledge on this site, the power band really comes in at or around 4,000 rpms, as I can testify to this. I do have one question though: How far do you have to disengage, or lift up on the clutch before it engages? I have to let mine almost all the way out (about 2" or so) before it engages. But I have had no problems of slipping...
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6racer View Post
welcome to the club I had the same shit with my redline the dealer told me the same thing that theres nothing wrong with it and they wouldnt burn out with it because it's not intended to be driven like that. then the question i always raise is...... if it isnt meant to be driven like that they why can it do it. why put a fu**** blower on a car if you cant burn out once in awhile. I'm not saying bounce off the revlimiter at every stop light but if you want to light em up everyonce in a while you should be able to. they have yet to give me an answer infact the last time i asked that the the tech went back anyway, i went to a Clutch masters setup (DONT BUY CLUTCHMASTERS THEY"RE BAD NEWS)to his stall and the service writer went back to his computer to sit his fat pinapple eating ass down. any way well over $4K later im still trying to get my car right. i juswt recently bought the exedy clutch set up from dezod motorsports you know the one thats in the cup cars..... welll I havent installed it yet because im in the navy and im overseas right now but ill be back in a few monts to get it done. oh yeah the CM clutch fucked up my tranny so I have to buy a new one of those as well. but im going to get the LSD tranny. so its cool.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-01-2006, 08:27 PM Thread Starter

well me and my friend took it in today... for a noise comign fomr the tranny, to me sounded liek there was no fluid in there... well they dorve it.. and herd it so they lifted it up.. and to find out theres a seal that connects to the trans and motor that has bused and tore my trans all to shit.. so they orderd him a new trans and clutch... so anyways its at the dealership now.. when he gets it back maby it will be fixed.. kinda messed up tho only has 1000 miles on it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode