To many problems with my car! - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 12:09 AM Thread Starter

Angry To many problems with my car!

I have my car in the shop one to many times!!. At this point I will never buy a Chevy again or maybe not buy a first year car. These are the things what they have replaced in my car so far and it only has 16,000 miles on it and its a 2005.

1. A/C was over charged and to to re-charge it.
2. Fuss boxes went out two times no joke.
3. Inside door handled broke off diver side.
4. Lock nob driver side broke off.
5. Had to replace stick shifter to a 2006 because it wont go in gear.
6. Head lights went out each one.
7. Check engine light came on 4 times.
8. Had to replace coolant tank.
9. New cadillac converter.
10. About the check engine light coming on 4 times when I bring it in they say they have to update something on my car?? You got me??

This is no joke this is what I've had to deal with and I am really not to happy to Chevy!

Last edited by BizoCG; 11-29-2006 at 12:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizoCG View Post
I have my car in the shop one to many times!!. At this point I will never buy a Chevy again or maybe not buy a first year car. These are the things what they have replaced in my car so far and it only has 16,000 miles on it and its a 2005.

1. A/C was over charged and to to re-charge it.
2. Fuss boxes went out two times no joke.
3. Inside door handled broke off diver side.
4. Lock nob driver side broke off.
5. Had to replace stick shifter to a 2006 because it wont go in gear.
6. Head lights went out each one.
7. Check engine light came on 4 times.
8. Had to replace coolant tank.
9. New cadillac converter.
10. About the check engine light coming on 4 times when I bring it in they say they have to update something on my car?? You got me??

This is no joke this is what I've had to deal with and I am really not to happy to Chevy!
honestly, you are the first person i have ever heard of breaking the door handles and locks, never heard of an entire fuse box "going out." The cat, and check engine lights are fairly normal with performance cars... if you wanted a problem/issue free automobile you shouldnt have baught a "sports car" especially a forced induction car... issues come with the territory man. Sounds like the "update" they are telling you about is a PCM re-flash, but why would they tell you about it and not do it? have you asked them what code the car is throwing that is causing the CEL?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 05:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahriman View Post
honestly, you are the first person i have ever heard of breaking the door handles and locks, never heard of an entire fuse box "going out." The cat, and check engine lights are fairly normal with performance cars... if you wanted a problem/issue free automobile you shouldnt have baught a "sports car" especially a forced induction car... issues come with the territory man. Sounds like the "update" they are telling you about is a PCM re-flash, but why would they tell you about it and not do it? have you asked them what code the car is throwing that is causing the CEL?
I have all the slips that they mailed me?. About the code good question I'll have to ask them about that thanks. And about the fact that you said I shouldnt of bought a "sports car" especially a forced induction car. I have buddies that have SS and they haven't had any problems.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 07:46 PM

dude there is a thing called lemon law pursue it
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprchged View Post
dude there is a thing called lemon law pursue it
Actually I talking with someone from Chevy to see what they can do for me. Knowing Chevy they will just give a free oil change lol lol.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 09:10 PM

one of the guy where i work got a base model balt and had major problems w/ it and they ended up giving him a new balt
lots of paperwork for the buyback
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 11:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsstockrocket View Post
one of the guy where i work got a base model balt and had major problems w/ it and they ended up giving him a new balt
lots of paperwork for the buyback
Hey if you dont mind me asking what kinda of problems did this guy have?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-29-2006, 11:14 PM

the automatic trans shifter locked up and burned some wires
\and then two weeks later more wires were burned for the taillights
they put like 2 or 3 wiring harnesses in it
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-30-2006, 03:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizoCG View Post
I have all the slips that they mailed me?. About the code good question I'll have to ask them about that thanks. And about the fact that you said I shouldnt of bought a "sports car" especially a forced induction car. I have buddies that have SS and they haven't had any problems.
im sure there are tons of problem free SS's out there, i have an 04 IRL and havnt had any real big problems with it other than my intercooler wiring being reversed and the pump finally gave out at 41000 miles, and its moderatly modded. I believe there are certain criteria you have to meet before the lemmon law can be applied though, somthing about how much time the car has spent in the shop in the x amount of time you have owned it, not sure of the specifics. good luck with it though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode