Strange fluid drain - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 03:14 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Strange fluid drain

The oddest thing happened the other day, and me, as well as my friends (all of which are car nuts) are completely stumped. After we finished bolting up my Cobalt Addiction 4-1 header, XTC 2.5" de-cat downpipe and ARK N2 cat-back exhaust, I started up to check for leaks. Well, the exhaust didn't leak, but some coolant did. But oddly enough, it wasn't from the resivoir or a line.....it leaked out of the relief valve. I know with most cars, water will drain from there sometimes (I don't know why, I just know most cars do that from time to time). We smelled it and it was definitely coolant. However, I quickly began monitoring the coolant temp. from the user control panel......no problems were showing. I then checked the coolant resivoir.......still full.......it didn't look like anything had drained at all really. After my car had stopped draining the fluid, I took it for a spin around the neighbor hood. No problems. I've since drove it to work, around town and wherever else for 3 days.......and its run without a hitch, and performs like a champ with all the new exhaust components. I'm still stumped of why my car did this (maybe something to do with the ECU reading increased exhaust pressure???), but it hasn't effected my car in a negative nature. Feedback anyone?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-04-2006, 04:26 PM

Did you have to squeeze one of the hoses when you were putting the header in, that'll shoot it right out the relief sometimes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode