Bah I Hate My Car - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Bah I Hate My Car

Ok lets go back in time, I was having problem with my ABS lights coming on for no reason, Well i took it to my dealership and they said "There is no problem we cannot recreate it". So I took my car back and just deal with the light, Well today i was driving down the road and then BOOM the whole rearend locked up as if someone pulled the handbreak and spun me into a ditch, well I got it out of the dealership but i had no powersteering and all of my guages we off all read 0 but the car was still running. Well i go to the dealership no stops and i tell my service adviser that iam fed up with this car they just got it out of the shop he said whats wrong well he came over there and every light on my dash was blinking at a different rate looked like a disco show. He tell me to turn it off and they will write it up so i do so well when i do a car come behind me and mike tells me to pull it up to the shop door, and low and behold the car will not crank at all. So now its sitting at the dealership and they have replaced the PCM and last time i saw it the whole motor was out of it . Any ideal on what could be wrong?

Will.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-09-2007, 09:15 PM

Chevrolet-Cracked Head Every Valve Rattles Oil Leaks Every Time

Dude, sounds like you have a LEMON and a half! I would request a replacement vehicle, and if nothing there, request to speak to the General Manager. If nothing still, threaten to speak with your legal advisor to get what is owed to you.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsRallyYellowSS View Post
Chevrolet-Cracked Head Every Valve Rattles Oil Leaks Every Time

Dude, sounds like you have a LEMON and a half! I would request a replacement vehicle, and if nothing there, request to speak to the General Manager. If nothing still, threaten to speak with your legal advisor to get what is owed to you.
I highly suggest taking legal action and pursue the lemon law, i also know that our motors produce high amounts of carbon, so that could be why the motor is out i just heard a story of a guy that gave his car hell pretty often and it had to have the cylinders scraped free of carbon , it was a nasty mess, but yeah i had an 06 that was in the shop 15 times in two months. But my )7 just a new pcm and thats it which is one problem to many but if that all that will go wrong in its life im fine with it.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 07:21 PM

if youre having problems with the abs, then there shouldnt be any reason to even mess with the pcm. they should be looking at the ebcm (electronic brake control module). and your gauges and shit would probably be a bcm (body control module) issue. I personally wouldnt take any legal action, and heres why. Pretty much everything thats going to be done to your car is going to be free because of your warranty. if you hire a lawyer, you're going to take it in the ass due to legal fees, and its going to be a waste of time. Id start talking to the service manager first, then to the director of operations of the dealership. if they provide no solution, talk with the owner of the dealership. and if nothing happens, file a complaint with gm and find a new dealership to go to. give them bad scores on their warranty surveys you get. i would drop your car back off, and tell them you want some type of loaner vehicle you can drive until they fix yours. i'd also mention that you nearly died as well.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-10-2007, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremie View Post
if youre having problems with the abs, then there shouldnt be any reason to even mess with the pcm. they should be looking at the ebcm (electronic brake control module). and your gauges and shit would probably be a bcm (body control module) issue. I personally wouldnt take any legal action, and heres why. Pretty much everything thats going to be done to your car is going to be free because of your warranty. if you hire a lawyer, you're going to take it in the ass due to legal fees, and its going to be a waste of time. Id start talking to the service manager first, then to the director of operations of the dealership. if they provide no solution, talk with the owner of the dealership. and if nothing happens, file a complaint with gm and find a new dealership to go to. give them bad scores on their warranty surveys you get. i would drop your car back off, and tell them you want some type of loaner vehicle you can drive until they fix yours. i'd also mention that you nearly died as well.
Yeah, and make it sound dramatic as hell!
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

well its been in the shop a grand total of 28 days. GM is ready to cut me a check for the cost of the car. I test drove a X-Runner today and loved it.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:27 PM

Those are nice trucks! Similar to an s-dime extreme.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-17-2007, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3r0 View Post
well its been in the shop a grand total of 28 days. GM is ready to cut me a check for the cost of the car. I test drove a X-Runner today and loved it.
so im guessing there is going to be no more balt huh?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 07:04 AM Thread Starter

nope sorry i will be selling my Z-3 fenders though they fit well and are painted
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to emperorjj1 Send a message via MSN to emperorjj1
i would tell them to buy you a vette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode