rough start - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

rough start

ok guys this could either be a serious problem or something not to big wich is what im hoping. whenever i start my car in the mornings my car starts up really rough like it turns right back off and then i turn the ignition again and then it starts right up. and doesnt act up the rest of the day so i dont know what it is ive heard differant things but i dont konw what it could be. id appreciate any help or any suggestions to help me know where to look i mean i could take it back to the dealership but i want that to be a last resort cause i gotta injen c.a.i so i gotta take it off first just so i make sure they dont give me any crap about it haha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 03:03 PM

I've had that same problem for over a year now. I've had it in 3 times for the issue, but the dealership still says they "can't reproduce the problem". Starts right up with no issue when it's still warm. Let it sit for a few hours, cranks for 3 seconds then shuts off, second try starts right up. The last month or so it's been starting on the first try every time, but barely. Wish I knew what it was...
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 01:53 PM Thread Starter

yea man i hear yea i just wish i knew so that i would either go take it to the dealership or if its something i could do my self know what i mean ughh it doesnt really seem like to big of a prob but its just kinda annoying then anything

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 04:33 PM

there is a TSB that refers to this. Let me find it. It has to do with cold starting.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-20-2007, 04:34 PM

here you go:

Quote:
Engine Runs Rough After Extended Crank, and/or Engine Hesitation on Acceleration after Initial Cold Start During Ambient Temperatures Below 10 C (50 F) (Reprogram Powertrain Control Module [PCM]) TSB# 05-06-04-006
tell the dealer this, then if they balk, bust out the TSB.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-21-2007, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

so that would be the only way i could fix the problem would be to go to the dealership huh?
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-22-2007, 12:02 PM

^yea, and its a TSB...so they should reflash your car, wheather its under warranty or not.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

cool i just didnt know if they would still do it cause i got a injen c.a.i
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 01:30 PM

^uh...if you can...try to change it back to the stock set-up. they will give you crap, then you'll have a hard time getting things fixed in the future...(i kno from experience)

otherwise, the moss magnusson warranty act is supposed to protect you, but it doesnt protect you from overzealous warranty threatening service managers...they can treat you like crap, just cause you look at them funny...
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-25-2007, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

yea thats exactly what i was thinking well ill put my stock airbox back on before i take it in do you think they will give me any crap about having an exhaust from the cat-back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode