ses, then randomly shuts off.. - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 10:41 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to ah665
ses, then randomly shuts off..

so i was just driving my ss/sc and i had to go threw this construction area 2 times in a matter of 5mins. there was some crazy dust they were blowin all around and after i went through it, my ses light came on, then dash read 'engine power reduced', then 'engine disabled' and i rolled to a stop. i let it sit for a couple, checked everything over, then fired it up. so i have an injen intake and other than that all stock. did too much dirt just hit a sensor then? anything to look out for?

Last edited by ah665; 10-01-2007 at 11:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 07:50 PM

thats wierd man. i supose its a posibility that a piece of dirt found its way to a sensor but highly unlikely. for it to go into reduced power like that, there maybe something more wrong thats just surfacing. id take it to the dealer. i work construction and neither my 2.2L or my colorado has had that problem and im in that dusty stuff all day.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 11:53 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

ya, i dunno. i havent experienced anything since i restarted it. ses is out and car is running fine. i dunno. aslong as its not a problem about to surface, then im ok with it.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

so much for that theory. did it again. had it scanned and it came up
P0601 Control Module Read Only Memory (ROM) -PCM

any ideas what to do now?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 07:05 AM

Is it still under warranty? Take it to the dealer. I swear if the smallest things chokes on my car its gonna be at the dealer while nder the warranty. They are gonna hate me. They already hate me for my fiances 06' Impala. Its in thre like once a month or so with little shit.

But strait to the point.... Use the warranty to its fullest potential. Also have you cleaned your filter and checked the CAI piping for an debris?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 07:10 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

unfortunatley its up. i am over mileage (i have a highway commute to work) so i need to figure this out on my own, which is why im asking. but yes, if i still had it, it would def be in for service right now.

just a thought, could the Injen intake be having anything to do with this or no? its been on for like 20,000 miles now and it has maybe 5 times thrown a lean code, but then went back off on its own.

Last edited by ah665; 10-03-2007 at 11:40 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode