clutch issues - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-22-2008, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

clutch issues

i have a question for anyone who wants to answer. when i race and get the rpm's up the clutch seems to just go away then i pump the pedal a few times. it gets stronger but for the clutch to work properly i have to leave it engaged then it goes back to normal. i replaced the clutch master and i am thinking about changing the clutch. does anyone have any suggestions or have you run into the same problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-12-2008, 02:40 PM

yes i have ran i to the same problem but now that i had the dealership to replace my clutch and then synchro went out about 2 months later and now i have nothing at all and i was told they looked at everything in the tranny if u have any suggestions for me i would greatly appreciate and advice thhat is given

superchargednic24
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
it sounds like you need a aftermarket clutch. but you need to contact your dealership and let them know, you have to think that when they make these cars they really dont use top of the line parts. i cant tell you off the top of my head how much the aftermarket clutches are but there not that hard to find. try www.pfyc.com, www.everythingcobalt.com, and andysautosports.com or google them. hope that helps

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchargednic24 View Post
yes i have ran i to the same problem but now that i had the dealership to replace my clutch and then synchro went out about 2 months later and now i have nothing at all and i was told they looked at everything in the tranny if u have any suggestions for me i would greatly appreciate and advice thhat is given

superchargednic24
was your transmission the MU or the G85
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2008, 04:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoal*boy View Post
it sounds like you need a aftermarket clutch. but you need to contact your dealership and let them know, you have to think that when they make these cars they really dont use top of the line parts. i cant tell you off the top of my head how much the aftermarket clutches are but there not that hard to find. try www.pfyc.com, www.everythingcobalt.com, and andysautosports.com or google them. hope that helps
i have been told several times its probably the clutch but i was also told that the clutch slave could be the problem just so you know the clutch master is what the dealership told me to replace and it did not fix it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode