ABS Light came on - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

ABS Light came on

So recently my ABS light came on. I said hummm, might just be some error it'll go away. Well drove it for a bit, turned the car off, and it sounded like something kept running under the hood. Turns out the little ABS module/pump or whatever it was wasn't shutting off with the car. I tryed pulling out the fuse and that shut it off. Then I just put it back in and brought it to the dealer. Anyone else had this problem, I've had no SS for the last 3 days...but they've been closed and I should be getting it today, will post what they say
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

BTW i only have 230 miles on the car
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 11:37 AM

Could be some terminal that is bent. I had a CEL light come on and it was because a terminal for the intercooler pump was bent keeping it on all the time (very annoying as it is loud). I know its not the same problem but it's sort of related and just thought I'd throw it in there.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 01:55 PM

I haven't had that problem yet but then again the mechanic has spent more time with my car than I have. May I'll be lucky enough to have to have that fixed also.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 06:36 PM Thread Starter

Found out it was some brake sensor that was jammed? Now i gotta wait 2-3 days for it, im hoping for 2 days, so then I could say It took a week instead of 8 days to get my car back lol
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 09:10 PM

damn talk about brakes.. my e brake light randomly comes on when i am driving.. and its hestitating to start again like i have been saying
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

The 12th and still no Cobalt, makes it about 10 days, I don't think I'm ever going back to this dealer to get it serviced ever again...all they had to do was replace an ABS sensor, no way in hell that takes 10+ days..
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 09:53 PM

so far i have had the ebrake light come on while driving, abs light on 2 times and now i have the padlock light come on while driving and today it prevented me from starting the car. i am a tech for BMW and i dont feel like having someone look at my car when there hasnt been enough cobalts in the shop yet to figure out whats going on but it is preventing me from relying on my car so i might have to suck it up and bring it in. god i hate someone working on my car. also does anyone else have a slight delay when pressing the accelator pedal to the engine rpms going up? if i hit the pedal isnt an instant response. this cars are throttle by wire so there shouldnt be any delays. the tech is going to love my car haha
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Contributing User

My ABS light just came on last night and I heard a sound under the hood just like you. I called my dealer today and it will get looked at Monday. Also this morning the brake light is now on. I do put on my e-brake whenever I park it just out of habit since I've had manaul tranny's in the past pop out on me while parked and then my car rolls down the street. :-)

I also notice that my steering feels a little slow at low speeds but is find at hard corners. Is this just the nature of the car or do I need to have that looked at too?

I'm starting to get frustrated with my car, I only have 1K Miles on it. Never in the past has a car given me so much trouble before at least 50K miles. I do see how other folks have it much worse....I just don't know how GM can have a car pass QA with all the problems that are out there. If it continues I might bite the bullet in a year or two and trade out of it. I hope I don't have to do that since I love my car but I need it to be reliable stress free. Life has enough of it's own curves on it's own.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-15-2005, 12:30 AM

After 45mpg the steering 'loosens' up a little. It's so you don't bump the wheel at 90 and move over 3 lanes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode