Clutch !!!!!! - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Clutch !!!!!!

Attn: Everyone Anyone Who Has Had Your Trans Grind Or Not Go In To Gear. The Dealer Just Notifed Me Today That Some Of The Clutchs That Are In The Ss Are Defective. So If Your Having This Problem Bring It Back. They Have To Replace It, Mine Is The Third One In My Area To Have This Problem. I'm Just Going By What The Dealer Said They Ordered My Clutch Today And I Should Have It In Tomorrow I'll Let You Know If It Goes Away Now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDLX347
Attn: Everyone Anyone Who Has Had Your Trans Grind Or Not Go In To Gear. The Dealer Just Notifed Me Today That Some Of The Clutchs That Are In The Ss Are Defective. So If Your Having This Problem Bring It Back. They Have To Replace It, Mine Is The Third One In My Area To Have This Problem. I'm Just Going By What The Dealer Said They Ordered My Clutch Today And I Should Have It In Tomorrow I'll Let You Know If It Goes Away Now.
My tranny grinds going into reverse sometimes, how does this relate to the clutch?
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 12:23 PM

Send a message via AIM to CoBIZZLE
Because you have to push the clutch in to get it into reverse, thus disengaging it(the clutch). If it doesnt work properly then you might grind your gears. HTH

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 08:37 PM

i had a 1st gear lock out once and i griding going into 3rd most of the time.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 12:37 PM

It seems I may have a problem as well. In first I get very little acceleration from about 4500 to 6500 RPM, feels really weak. All other gears seem good, and I love the acceleration in second and third, but can't go faster then 25mph in first. Odd, anyone else have similar issues.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 02:07 PM

Grind in reverse sometimes can be clutch or pilot bushing/bearing... Take it to the dealer!!
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 03:36 PM

my tranny grinds going in to reverse to and it's hard to put in third when your rpm his over 5.the car smokes black often when i start it up to.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-23-2005, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

well i got my car back on friday with new clutch flywheel and pressure plate, works perfect now no grinding and thrid doesn't move as much as it used to as far as thrid gm said there is no real fix. but now it grabs 10 times better and this is suposed to be an updated verson of the clutch, but i'm warning everyone you should bring it back asap becasue the gm rep came down and gave them a hard time about warrentying becasue its owned by a younger driver and they were saying it had the crawp kicked out of it which it hasn't, it get beaten a lil bit. i had all the problems the first day i picked it up and i didn't bring it in till 1100 miles and they finally got the parts in when i had 2100 so good lcuk to everyone thank god i didn't have to pay for anything
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 10:03 AM

I think I'm having problems with the clutch also. However my problem isnt really with grinding the gears, however it seems as if my clutch isnt releasing. For example if I floor it from a stop the car acts like I still have the clutch somewhat pushed in even though its not and if i try to give it more gas its very sluggish, and I can smell the clutch. It really only happens when I floor it from a stop and it doesnt happen all the time but it does happen a majority of the time. Ive tried launching from 0 rpms and at 2k rpms and its the same thing, which really sucks. From a roll when i floor it (anywhere between 25-45) it flies but off the line it is having this problem. What do you guys think this is? Should I take it in? Do you think they'll give me a rental car if i take it in or am I going to be without a car? What should I tell the service department? Should I tell them I'm floring it off the line and this is happening or should I just tell them that the clutch seems to be sticking when I'm driving it? Any and all your guys help would be appreciated, thanks.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-25-2005, 01:13 PM

Quick everyone lookaway... This thread is contagious... IF YOU READ THIS YOU WILL THINK YOU HAVE A CLUTCH PROBLEM INSTEAD OF BEING JUST A BAD DRIVER...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode