Christine's sister enters 05 Cobalt ss - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-26-2015, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Christine's sister enters 05 Cobalt ss

Anytime the doors are locked, weather they are locked by the lock button in the D.D.switch,or, manually locked with your finger (if allowed to sit overnight in the garage) Sets the alarm system and the car must be started to turn it off! Oh, the key fob will not lock or unlock the car.It only pops the trunk. And, the alarm only goes off after you manually unlock the d.door and open it, at which point you drop your briefcase, lunch, and keys, spilling your coffee down the front of your shirt, you swear ,hope'pin the kids didn't hear you over the obnoc'tious car alarm trying desperatly to awaken the neighbors ,and threaten your Sanity.!!!! Any Ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 10:37 PM
Contributing User

Sounds like a fob issue.
Try doing the re-learn? Have the recall recently done I suppose?

Billy
Louisiana
2003 Saturn Ion-1
2006 Saturn Ion Redline
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2015, 07:11 AM Thread Starter

How do I relearn the alarm system? My 05 cobalt ss must be christines bro or sister cause it acts just the same way, only the first 2 or 3 times my copilot (a small Westie puppy named Angus) refuses to enter the demon car from he'll! HELP oh and my 1of 2 keyfobs locked and then unlocked one time, only to reset in the morning!!! $/*#xnd car anyay!! Oh and I more thing, aftermarket radio and in-op steering wheel control and the right button on the information system

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-22-2015, 10:16 PM
Contributing User

I couldn't remember off hand. But I copied this from another forum.

The Fix.

I pulled the interior fuse cover from the passenger seat.
I located and pulled the 10A fuse for the Radio (labeled RDO).
I turned the car to the on position to verify the radio was disabled.
I turned the car back off and removed the keys.
I waited 30 seconds (I'm a Network Engineer, we always wait thirty seconds after unplugging something).
I put the fuse back into the correct spot.
I then held down the lock and unlock key on the keyfob at the same time till the locks on the doors activated.
I then tested the keyfob and made sure it was locking and unlocking the doors and activating the security system.
This process did reset my security settings on her car so I had to go through the reset process (holding in the information and reset key at the same time then following the prompts).

Billy
Louisiana
2003 Saturn Ion-1
2006 Saturn Ion Redline
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2015, 08:36 AM Thread Starter

My alarm system activates after exiting the car, shut the doors, and then reopen after sitting for approx.30 sec. The car is not locked. I installed an aftermarket radio and noticed also that the information /reset system is also acting up aswell. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode