Cobalts SS banner

Horn location

10K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  JohnsRallyYellowSS 
#1 · (Edited)
I am really tired of the whimpy horn that Chevy decided to put on the Cobalt SS, I mean come on it's pitiful. I've decided to get a new one and would just like to know where the horn is, I've got under the car, looked under the hood and can't seem to find it. Anyone know where it is?

I want to try not to tap into the electrical system because I don't want any questions at the dealership for warranty service. Also does anyone know where you can find a service manual for the SS on the web?

Thanks,

Kaleb

#4 ·
get one of those bull horns, funny as shit when a car goes "Mooooo!!!!!!!!!!"

#5 · (Edited)
That's hilarious, never thought of that. I'm going to put one of those 3 tone air horns on it, no not one of the diesel ones, one of the high pitched ones. I have one on my 77 Vega and love it. Bad thing is, I've got to run a relay. I hate running relays, sometimes the companies send the wrong wiring diagram and you have to figure out the relay circuits, and that can take a while. I didn't realize that it'd be that hard to get the headlamp out, I felt like I was going to break my front bumper. Easy to get back in though, weird.

#6 ·
That's hilarious, never thought of that. I'm going to put one of those 3 tone air horns on it, no not one of the diesel ones, one of the high pitched ones. I have one on my 77 Vega and love it. Bad thing is, I've got to run a relay. I hate running relays, sometimes the companies send the wrong wiring diagram and you have to figure out the relay circuits, and that can take a while. I didn't realize that it'd be that hard to get the headlamp out, I felt like I was going to break my front bumper. Easy to get back in though, weird.
Holy shit! Pics???? I have a '76 I'm planning on restoring! I just need to find some taillamps, they are busted. I might just fabricate some vette lights in the rear. But anyways, I have te front clip ready to paint, need to do the unibody next. Im planning on stuffing a 327 in it. I still have the "Iron Duke" thats still in it.

#7 · (Edited)
I've actually got Corvette C5 taillights that I want to put in mine, I got lucky and got all four for 25 bucks on ebay. I've got a 350 bored +.030 in it, talk about a monster. Autometer gauges etc. If you want to see it, the website is www.hometown.aol.com/vegaman55 It is a little rough, I'm in law school so money's pretty tight right now, but soon it'll be nice. I don't have pictures of the radiator, or anything, those were recently installed, and I haven't taken pictures since then.

#8 ·
Hey Kaleb, you dont want to sell the stock taillights in your vega do you? I am very interested if you do!

#10 ·
Highly appreciated!:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.