Cobalts SS banner

rough start

6K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  socalsilverrl 
#1 ·
ok guys this could either be a serious problem or something not to big wich is what im hoping. whenever i start my car in the mornings my car starts up really rough like it turns right back off and then i turn the ignition again and then it starts right up. and doesnt act up the rest of the day so i dont know what it is ive heard differant things but i dont konw what it could be. id appreciate any help or any suggestions to help me know where to look i mean i could take it back to the dealership but i want that to be a last resort cause i gotta injen c.a.i so i gotta take it off first just so i make sure they dont give me any crap about it haha

#2 ·
I've had that same problem for over a year now. I've had it in 3 times for the issue, but the dealership still says they "can't reproduce the problem". Starts right up with no issue when it's still warm. Let it sit for a few hours, cranks for 3 seconds then shuts off, second try starts right up. The last month or so it's been starting on the first try every time, but barely. Wish I knew what it was...

#3 ·
yea man i hear yea i just wish i knew so that i would either go take it to the dealership or if its something i could do my self know what i mean ughh it doesnt really seem like to big of a prob but its just kinda annoying then anything

#6 ·
so that would be the only way i could fix the problem would be to go to the dealership huh?

#8 ·
cool i just didnt know if they would still do it cause i got a injen c.a.i

#9 ·
^uh...if you can...try to change it back to the stock set-up. they will give you crap, then you'll have a hard time getting things fixed in the future...(i kno from experience)

otherwise, the moss magnusson warranty act is supposed to protect you, but it doesnt protect you from overzealous warranty threatening service managers...they can treat you like crap, just cause you look at them funny...

#10 ·
yea thats exactly what i was thinking well ill put my stock airbox back on before i take it in do you think they will give me any crap about having an exhaust from the cat-back

#12 ·
magnuson moss actst covers you completely....

If your problem was somehow related to the amount of air coming in through the new intake, then they could be bitchy about it. But thats def not the problem here so they dont rlly have a leg to stand on. Sure they can say anything they want to try and make it your fault, but theres very specific laws protecting you and your warranty.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.