Cobalts SS banner

ss s/c vs turbo ls vtek hatch

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  cobaltssredtint 
#1 ·
my friend has a boosted ls vtek honda and i was wondering what mods do i need to beat him??.....

#2 ·
you will probably need to swap out the s/c for a turbo for starters but im not sure what other work you would need. it would be a close race between a ls vtek hatch and one of our cars stock but for the hatch to be boosted it would be very hard to keep up with it. your friends car will probably blow up soon tho because ls vteks arent meant to be boosted. you have to remember that those engines are basically frankenstein engines. They are a non vtek b18 with b16 vtek heads and can blow up if the slightest thing is done wrong building them and thats when they aren't boosted.

#4 ·
yea , i can tell you know some shit about honda.....i raced a b18c when i was stock and he beat me by at least 2 cars....right now im not stock (stage 2, intake)....at first i thought he had a mini me swap but i checked and it was a ls swap in an EG hatch..and he is only boosting 10psi so i was thinking that it might be a good race..

#5 ·
LS VTEC motors are actually a pretty strong setup. stock internals and a good tune will make 450 plus whp. Been proven in Honda Tuning. and 400whp in a hatch that is most likely gutted is low 11's and high 10's.

Just my two cents though. I have a 93 GSR (b17a1) as well and have had 3 other integra's also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.