which one better ss t/c or ss s/c? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 12:49 AM Thread Starter

which one better ss t/c or ss s/c?

Hey guys perfomance wise which one is better a t/c or s/c colbalt ss? I just test drove a colbalt ss t/c and a few years ago I test drove a cobalt ss s/c. I think personally the t/c is faster. Which one do you like the best for performance and value?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonicus666 View Post
Hey guys perfomance wise which one is better a t/c or s/c colbalt ss? I just test drove a colbalt ss t/c and a few years ago I test drove a cobalt ss s/c. I think personally the t/c is faster. Which one do you like the best for performance and value?
well the s/c has more mods out right now because its older, there are a few mods out now for the t/c and more comming as we speak. if it was me i would get the t/c becasue its new, and it had more stock hp then the s/c, and on the t/c they fixed what was wrong with the older ss. hope that helps
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2008, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonicus666 View Post
you test drove the t/c a few years ago? where you live? just kidding.

the t/c is a better bang for your buck i would say. new for new the t/c is better. it is newer and better and updated. also in the end for me i personally think turbo > supercharged. That is if all you care about is making power and big numbers. my supercharged car last time i dynoed it was 307whp. however that is with nitrous. the t/c already has a nice setup and with just a nice tune and running an open down pipe or exhaust it will be over 300whp.

even off the start the t/c is already better than the s/c and running awesome times. the s/c people who wanted big power got rid of the s/c and went turbo. i think that is enough for you to make up your mind if all your worrying about is power. also you have to keep in mind that the t/c is newer so i would trust it over the old one.

hope that helped

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 02:09 PM
Contributing User

Well hello Cbodnar! To the OP, right now the s/c has more options for parts and tuning. The t/c doesn't have as many options, but has already made over 300whp with just a tune.

2006 Silver Cobalt SS/SC
GMPP Stage II, GM Dual Pass w/option B, Airbox mod, and ZZP SS Header/Dp. On the way: Nates 2.9" pulley, Magnaflow 3.0" exhaust, ZZP H/E, ZZP Tuned PCM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2008, 04:36 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to WICKED
^^^ i believe theyre making 300tq not hp.

hp with a tune is around 270/280. no doubt stock vs stock the tc is better, but im still not sold. i believe the turbo is maxed out around 320 hp??? if youre looking for big power i would do a turbo build on a lsj. paul on css.net is making 400+ hp on stock internals.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2008, 01:13 PM
Contributing User

^^LNF's DO MAKE 300+hp on just a re-tune.

Proof:

"It's finally here! After a year of waiting we have perfected our tune for the 2.0 LNF motor! Like always we have preformed months of Dyno runs backed by long term street testing!
Here are a few changes that are found in our Level 1 LNF ECM Tune:

Base HP: 260 / GMR Tuned HP: 310+

Base Torque: 260 / GMR Tuned Torque: 340+"

Plus Psykostevo over on .net has also retuned a few LNF's to over 300hp on just the re-tune. So it is possible. I am still unsure as to which will be better in the long run myself.

2006 Silver Cobalt SS/SC
GMPP Stage II, GM Dual Pass w/option B, Airbox mod, and ZZP SS Header/Dp. On the way: Nates 2.9" pulley, Magnaflow 3.0" exhaust, ZZP H/E, ZZP Tuned PCM.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode