Who Will You Vote For? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums
View Poll Results: WHO WILL YOU VOTE FOR?
McCain/Palin 3 42.86%
Obama/Biden 4 57.14%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-27-2008, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to WICKED
Who Will You Vote For?

I see we havent had a new poll in over a year, so I am starting one.

With debates starting and the election coming up, who will you vote to lead this country.

Comments are not neccassary, but feel free to express your opinions in this thread..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 01:20 AM

Republican FTW!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 07:35 AM

Obama/Biden...The Republican Party is a "MESS." We need real change. Voting for McCain is a vote to keep things the way the are now. The economy is terrible, the rest of the world hates us...it's time for a change.

Last edited by Bow Tie Virgin; 09-30-2008 at 05:18 PM.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 09:37 AM
Contributing User

Send a message via Yahoo to kaiah723
obama all the way. we don't need another president like bush. this country is screwed up enough because of him.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

The economy is messed up because of the DEMOCRAPS. Notice how the economy was fine a few years back when republicans were in congress. Then the dem party gets in control of congress and wont pass anything.

You can all thank the democraps for your high gas prices and your shitty economy.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

People crying "4more years of bush" are either ignorant or stupid.

Let's take a look at the big picture here.

1. The economy slows down in his first term because of the .com bust and 9/11 - not Bush's fault.

2. Regardless of WMDs (remember, Iraq WAS holding up inspectors for weeks at a time; if they had nothing to hide, then why?)... we are in Iraq for oil and guess what, the American people are the ones to blame for oil consumption and dependency i.e. SUVs, V8s everywhere, etc.

Bush sent troops to Iraq for the benefit of America and to continue our way of life. Establishing democracy isn't a cop out or a flip flop either; it helps us to attain our goal. But then we start to feel guilty about the war and start thinking about hybrids, and alternative fuels, while shifting the blame on the President who was acting based on our actions (oil consumption) in the first place.

3. The economy today is in a major hurt locker because of the greed with every industry involved in the housing bust - not Bush's fault.

4. The deficit, the value of the dollar, and the price of gas are all connected to basic economics. The U.S. needed money to fund the war (a big part of which included ramping up Clinton's downsized military - again, not Bush's fault) and chose to sell Bonds rather than raise taxes.

When a country wants to export (or sell bonds) a large quantity of goods it tends to lower the value of that country's currency (which is intentional) because the country that is buying the goods can get more for their money giving them incentive to spend more of it... which brings in even more money from other countries buying other goods or with tourism.

We are paying more for gas simply because of high demand and the U.S. dollar buys less foreign goods in its current devalued state.

5. Taxation in general: while I agree with Democrats that we should tax the piss out of big business and the wealthy... the problem is that if I'm a large company and you raise my taxes, I'll simply cut jobs, benefits, and/or outsource to other countries. And NAFTA only made it easier for companies to outsource and the only ones who stood to gain were the government and big business.

By keeping big business fat and happy (Republican mentality) it will keep more jobs in the U.S., have fewer layoffs, and keep benefits.

Working Example - let's say I own a business and clear $300,000.00 a year after taxes. I also have 10 part time employees who take home $25,000 a year. Most of that money will go back into the economy. If you raise my taxes and I see $25,000 less each year, I will simply let one of my employees go to make up the difference. The problems are that you have now shifted $25,000 out of the economy (my ex employee) to the government while increasing unemployment.

Conclusion: Bush might be a goof, but all things considered, he did pretty well when you look at what we, the American people, gave him to work with.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Taxation in general: while I agree with Democrats that we should tax the piss out of big business and the wealthy
Why? You yourself say that taxation only makes companies go elsewhere. The US currently has one of the highest corporate income tax rates in the world. The result? Companies are moving elsewhere.

And why should the rich pay more than they already do? They already pay 90% or more of all personal income taxes. Why should success be punished? Again, it only drives the wealthy out of this country and makes them go elsewhere to spend their money.

No. Taxes should be as low as possible. It has been proven time and time again that high tax rates LOWER tax revenues. The last time the capitol gains tax was raised, tax revenues went down. Because who wants to invest when any profits you make are just going to be stolen.

This idea of take from the rich and give to the poor sounds great in children's stories, but in the real world its called wealth redistribution.

Read here for Jim DeMint's plan to get the economy back on track.
http://demint.senate.gov/public/inde...e-1ff3fff3a186
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode