What worst car have you bought ever? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 04:57 AM Thread Starter

Question What worst car have you bought ever?

Hi to all,

I bought this one. Just look at this.

Its a fun-size Audi TT! Only without the fun! In fact it was dreadful to drive utterly gutless. But the worst thing was you felt such a prat driving it. When I went to drive it, I really did feel like Noddy and Big Ears.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 05:29 AM
Contributing User

75 chevy 1/2 ton 4x4 :
tire blewout totaled the truck killed my friend an sent me down the road for 5 years . i'd say that was my worst buy .

new toy an new build for 2010 :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 12:44 PM
Contributing User

I had just blown the clutch and flywheel in my first car (Ford Probe GT Turbo). I had NO money. A street racer wanted the Probe regardless of condition. He traded me straight up the Probe for a 1993ish Pylmoth Grand Voyager (or Dodge Grand Caravan). I say that because it was SO shitty that it had so many parts from each brand that we really couldn't tell.

This van was HORRIBLE! There was a busted out back window with all the glass still in the van. The radiator leaked so bad it was unfixable so we just poured water in daily. There were dents and shit everywhere. The exhaust only ran half way to the back and fell down a lot.

It was so bad that I decided that there was nothing better to do than to make it as shitty and tacky as possible. We taped off racing stripes sanded it down and spray painted them on. Only afterwards realizing we used the wrong kind of tape so the tape was permanent. We rigged up a full sized disco ball to it. We put in some subs, which just made the thing fall apart more. At any given time there was at least one door that did not close no matter how many times we fixed it.

Eventually I traded the van for a CD or something like that. Now the van is in the junkyard in a cube, more useful than it ever was on the road.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 10:17 PM

Got it for free with a wrecked drivers rear quarter and a blown engine. Dropped another 3.8 in it, fixed the wreckage and painted it. New engine ate the rear rope seal and spun bearings. Rebuilt it with a new crank, bearings and seals. Lost both rear brake valves at the same time but managed to limp home. It leaked under the rear seats, lost the fuel pressure regulator, ate points, and didn't have enough power to get out of it's own way. I spent about $3k over the course of a year to get it look decent and to fix all the little shit that kept breaking. Sold it for $800 to the first idiot that looked at it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode