2012 Honda Civic Si Revealed With 200-hp 2.4L - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-17-2011, 04:37 PM Thread Starter
Sponsored Editorial Content

2012 Honda Civic Si Revealed With 200-hp 2.4L

Quote:
Confirming speculation, Honda has revealed the new 2012 Honda Civic Si with a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine making 200-hp. A slight increase of 3-hp over the outgoing model, the larger displacement engine (by 0.4-liters) makes 170 lb-ft of torque, a more drastic jump of 31 lb-ft.

While perhaps not the massive jump forward that some would like, it's exactly the engine Honda fans have been calling for for years.

Available as both a coupe and a sedan, Honda is claiming 31-mpg highway for the sports coupe.

Along with the Si, Honda has also revealed the rest of the 2012 Civic lineup, with a 45-mpg Civic Hybrid, Civic Sedan, Coupe and natural-gas powered model.
Get more: 2012 Honda Civic Si Confirmed With 200-HP 2.4L at AutoGuide.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 12:42 AM

2012 Honda Civic SI is loaded with many handy features and i am sure it will make ride more smooth and hassle-free...Honda civic si is best redesigned version of US best selling compact cars..Heard that it will on sell in this year..So just waiting for it..
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I will stick with the cobalt.200hp. I think my wheels have more HP then that

I was beat by RKRamos.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 09:54 AM

Garage
The civic Si is a horrible car. The ride is stiff from factory and has a surprising amount of body roll which makes no sense because they ride on 17"s so it has more tire to absorb road imperfections compared to the Cobalt SS' 18"s....

It is great that it makes 200hp N/A, but it is nothing to the SS in either aspiration. And the interior may 'look' great, but it is still far cheaper than the Cobalt's due to its Japanese styling. And somehow I don't think that it will ever compare to performance of an SS any time soon.

Any questions about the Balt, all answered here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 10:01 AM
Contributing User

Garage
ill keep sandy but i will say this there clutch / gear box is just sweeeet. like hot knife through butter. not even i can screw up a shift in those things.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

35% tint sides and rear
GM Sport pedals
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 12:28 PM

Garage
The civic still sucks. Too bad it looks a lot more horrible than the years before....

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Contributing User

Garage
haha red . sion tc / Civic hunt ?

35% tint sides and rear
GM Sport pedals
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-07-2011, 05:05 PM

Garage
Not a hunt, more of a slaughter!! Haha.

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 04:00 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Yea they suck. But I have been beat by one..I was with a few buddy in another cobalt. Gto and a 3 speed and this guy smoked us. Come to find out twin turbo. With 100 shot of nos. It was little older then this onc but these guys have so much aftermarked stuff its not funny. Hell we just got lnf cams a few days ago

I was beat by RKRamos.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-08-2011, 06:48 AM
Contributing User

Garage
we got cams for the lnf now! ? !?! wtf why cant i find half this crap ? where do u buy from skoal ?

35% tint sides and rear
GM Sport pedals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode