1/8 Mile - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 01:58 PM Thread Starter

1/8 Mile

I went to the drag strip (1/8 mile). I got some good times i think. I just want everyone to tell there opinion and even post there 1/8 slips. First time i am in the left racing a 2002 ws6. Second time im the one that says ss. everyone at the drag strip said that i was gaining on that WS6 quick. They said if it would have been 1/4 i would have had time. He had a better reaction time then me. I hope my time slips posted up right. not sure if i did it right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	time slip.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	49.2 KB
ID:	617  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2005, 02:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to CoBIZZLE
It probably just appeared you were gaining. That WS6 ran an 8.64 he was probably well on his way to a LOW 13 second 1/4 if not faster. I doubt you woulda chased him down, but that is still a great time regardless. The LSJ is a great motor but it cant hold a candle to the LS1 yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 12:24 AM Thread Starter

Well the guy driving the car couldnt drive worth shit! That was the best that he ran all night. He was running in the low 9's with me at one time

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 09:37 AM

Oh. Well thats definitely believable. I beat an LS1 Z28 in the 1/8 mile driving a rental car v6 Grand Am cause I got a better launch but promptly after blowing by my ass like I was sitting still, he missed a shift and I drove right back by him! LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2005, 10:16 AM

The first time slip it says [email protected] (hard to read)??? If so, that is a mid 14 second pass.

Here is a 1/8 to 1/4 converter. Not sure how accurate it is, but should be in the ball park.
http://www.tciauto.com/tech_info/calculators.htm#3
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 12:31 AM Thread Starter

Hey thanks thats kinda sweet. i think it is off a little though. it said that my 1/4 would have been a 14.6 but i think it would have been i 14.4. i might be wrong though. thanks
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 09:28 AM

You are welcome. Yeah, it isn't right on the money but should give you an idea what your 1/4 et might be.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBIZZLE
Oh. Well thats definitely believable. I beat an LS1 Z28 in the 1/8 mile driving a rental car v6 Grand Am cause I got a better launch but promptly after blowing by my ass like I was sitting still, he missed a shift and I drove right back by him! LOL
Yeah, the inital 330' time is very crucial, especially on the 1/8 mile track. I've seen lot of fast cars get beat by slower car all because they couldn't launch.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-16-2005, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03EBZ06
Yeah, the inital 330' time is very crucial, especially on the 1/8 mile track. I've seen lot of fast cars get beat by slower car all because they couldn't launch.
LOL I know I didnt beat the CAR but I still made fun of my friend afterwards! LOL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode