Protege5+Trash Truck=Damage - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

Protege5+Trash Truck=Damage

Last Friday, I parked my P5 along the street in front of my parents house. Well, around 2pm the trash guy came to my door and said that they had hit my car.

Well, I respect that they came and told me because 'Waste Managment' is known to do hit and runs.

Well needless to say, I am glad I own 3 of my own cars right now as I have a few extra's... The Mazda won't be able to be fixed untill the first week of January. They won't give me a rental untill the date of appointment with the body shop.

I got one estimate from Mazda. I will give a cookie to whoever can get how much the damage is going to cost 'Waste Managment' to fix.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 05:39 PM
Contributing User

Man that sucks. I had some asshole hit me in a parking lot this weekend. But it didn't do near the damage done to your car.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 05:45 PM

6500 in total.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 06:25 PM Thread Starter

The repairs from the Mazda Dealership after all said an done is, $2850. Doesn't seem like to much, but definetly more than I wanted! Blah.

It just sucks that I can't have the rental untill the car goes into service. I hate driving my del Sol, and now I am going to have too! Oh well, the del Sol is going to be sold on the 9th of January, untill than I am trying to drive my parents cars as much as possible since they also have an extra car.

post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 07:00 PM

Damn dude! That seriously sucks.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 07:20 PM

nice shot of the garbage truck in the background!
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Ok well you can all have a cookie for the effort and guessing! Way to go!

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 07:29 PM
Contributing User

damn only $2800 that doesn't seem right, does that include a new rim tire fender door mirror bumper and splashgaurds alignment and i would personally put the car on a lift or jack it up and make sure the a-arms, and suspension is 100% perfect. i wouldn't trust anyone else to look at the suspension part.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by canada6901
nice shot of the garbage truck in the background!
Thanks, I have a bigger pic from somewhere around here but yea...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfinfliction
damn only $2800 that doesn't seem right, does that include a new rim tire fender door mirror bumper and splashgaurds alignment and i would personally put the car on a lift or jack it up and make sure the a-arms, and suspension is 100% perfect. i wouldn't trust anyone else to look at the suspension part.
Yes, it includes everything Mazda would need to fix this thing. They already stuck it on a lift and so on and so on. My family is great friends with a mechanic so I am going to have him look over EVERYTHING before and after Mazda has it. Just to make sure Mazda doesn't miss something or make causes something while they have it. I know you will probably ask yourself why don't I have the family friend fix it, well, he doesn't do the greatest with paint. He knows it and we know it.

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 12-21-2005, 09:13 PM

Hey at least it was not a tree..... LOL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode