Suspended Liscense??? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Suspended Liscense???

So get this! Last year, in Dec 04, I got a speeding ticket for going 95 in a 70. It was one of those days where there was absolutely no traffic and i was just cruisin to Atlanta, not really paying attention to my speedometer. I had a mazda 6 at the time. All the sudden, I see a grey car speeding across the median and skid onto the highway like some crazy stunt driver tryin to catch up to me. So I did the smart thing and pulled over and waited for him, hoping that would redeem myself a little bit. But it didn't.
I paid my fine but was unable to make it to court... which really sucks i wish i could have went. well, jan 06 i got a letter saying my liscense is suspened for 6 months?? I wonder if they can really wait that long to actually get all the paper work filed or if they can wait a whole year before it gets processed! If so, that's ridiculous. I could have served my time twice over by now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 05:40 PM

HOLY DAMN THAT SUCKS!!!!!!!!! My brother got popped for a DWI in AL that resulted in an accident with injuries--------> 3 months suspended license. And you got 6 months for 20 over on an empty highway??? That is completely redonkulous!!!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

dang that is ridiculous!!! wow... oh well. hopefully i wont get stopped. i'm moving from ga in a month. I ordered my driving record to see what it says.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 06:07 PM

In some states, they take longer to process stuff like that. In some states you might get a ticket but not be able to get a court date for another year or so. It all depends on the state and how backed up they are. Sorry to hear about your suspension though.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 06:47 PM

3 years ago I got pulled over for the following on Thanksgiving night(2002):
108 in a 45
Wreckless driving
Running a Redlight
Illegal U-turn

My license was suspended for 6 months and 15 days. I got a suspension of 15 days for my 108 in a 45 since it was my first speeding offense, and 6 months for the wreckless driving.

My license OFFICIALLY went on suspension March 4th 2003. Got it back September 19th, 2003.

It took them 4 months to process everything. I even took it to court also just because I fight everything, so I am sure it would have been less time if I didn't try and fight it.

Good luck with the driving and I hope all goes well!

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-05-2006, 11:19 PM

I want to know all the fines both of you paid. ^ and Heather.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 12:12 AM

Heather you might want to check and see if they will give you a license that will allow you to drive to work because my girlfriend got one of them when she lost her license.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ Thunder
I want to know all the fines both of you paid. ^ and Heather.
Around a total of $775. I don't remember the exact figure.

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 09:47 AM

I don't know the exact amount, because it was my brother's business, and we don't discuss money matters, but with the repairs to his car included it came out to around 2k I believe.

Oh- just remembered 5k including lawyer costs.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 11:04 AM

Damn I ran a red light, 402...one damn red light in San Diego...fucking crazy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode