Got a new camera. Sharing some pics - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 09:47 AM Thread Starter

Got a new camera. Sharing some pics

DSLR's are GREAT!

All pics were taken in full auto mode. No PS manipulation other than resize.

High-Res http://www.haknslash.com/pictures/D50/DSC_0070.JPG

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 11:08 AM

That water is really cool, nice shots...what cam exactly? How much was it?

I am looking for a nice digital one soon...need all the advice I can get.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 11:31 AM Thread Starter

Nikon D50 with 18-55mm kit lens.

They usually go anywhere from $669-800 with that lens kit. I bought my D50 with lens for $759 local. Online prices plus shipping will land you close to what you can get local and in same day. With taxes and buying a 1 Gig SD card that landed me around $860 total for the price I paid.

Only suggestion is that if you want to go deep into photography, get a DSLR. If your only interested in "nice quality" pics then just get a nice high MP point and shoot digi cam. Do tons and tons and even more tons of research before you buy. How serious are you wanting to go depends on what camera best suites your needs. You don't have to buy a $600 for nice web photos. My old 3.2MP took decent quality web photos that alot of people complimented on. It was however not anywhere in the same ballpark as thew camera I have now hehe.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-06-2006, 11:53 PM

Yes that is a nice camera indeed! A lot of photographers like using the Nikons as they are pretty simple to use.

The lens kit that you got with it is pretty amatuer correct? Not saying it doesn't take good pics, but I mean as in terms of high quality. I have done A LOT and I mean A LOT of reading and I heard that most DSLR's don't usually come with Len's kits worth getting. Almost worth saving up the extra $200-$300 and swinging for an upgraded lens. Just wondering.

When I sell both of my del Sol's, I will probably swing for either the Rebel XT or the D70. I like them both a lot but as I am sure you know, they are a little pricey.

Nice pictures and not really go out and start using the camera on the streets and city!

Look forward to seeing more!

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 12:52 AM

Nice pics man i like them. Like Jarrad ^^^ said i might get a Rebel XT or D70 i need to do a little more research some time soon i can get ready for the hit to the pocket. LOL

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookdupdelsol
Yes that is a nice camera indeed! A lot of photographers like using the Nikons as they are pretty simple to use.

The lens kit that you got with it is pretty amatuer correct? Not saying it doesn't take good pics, but I mean as in terms of high quality. I have done A LOT and I mean A LOT of reading and I heard that most DSLR's don't usually come with Len's kits worth getting. Almost worth saving up the extra $200-$300 and swinging for an upgraded lens. Just wondering.

When I sell both of my del Sol's, I will probably swing for either the Rebel XT or the D70. I like them both a lot but as I am sure you know, they are a little pricey.

Nice pictures and not really go out and start using the camera on the streets and city!

Look forward to seeing more!
LOL, you got LOTS of research and reading to do my friend. There isn't any difference here your seeing that you would be able to tell with the D70 LOL. Actually most professional photographer reviews praise the D50 over the D70 and D70s. The only real difference between the D70 and the D50 is fine WB tuning and I think you can tune the ISO in thirds. Oh and the LCD display is backlit on the D70 but not the D50. Nothing you or 98% of the rest of the world would ever really use anyways. To me, those very small differences don't justify buying a D70 over a D50. Like I said, do LOTS and reading BEFORE purchasing anything. Alot of people make the wrong assumption in thinking they need a D70 over a D50. They couldn't of been more wrong. Most places show the D50 taking better pics than the D70 and is easier to navigate and take pics with. Just don't want to see you guys spend unessesary $$ on a camera you think will grant you better pics but in reality, it won't . The Rebel XT is more expensive and the D50 takes just as great of pictures as the Canon does. Its just that the Rebel XT has a bit more fine tuning features over the D50 thus would be for someone who wants to tweak the pics more than they could on a D50.

Here are some good D50 reviews that pit it againts the rebel XT and others and also talks about the very slight differences between the D70/D70s and the D50.

Top 3 professional photography review sites:

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d50.htm

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond50/

http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/ni...ew/index.shtml

Regarding this lens, it's just a kit lens. Its nothing majorly expensive (priced at $149) or majorly impressive. It is great for most average joe's out there to start with and for the price, it can't be beat. It has a great range but there are far sharper producing lenses out there. I plan to buy some nice glass over the next few months. I bought it with the kit lens because I knew there would be sometimes when I wouldn't want to tote around a big assesopries backpack full of lenses and gear. This is a great lens for going out and shooting a wide array of subjects but from a distance and up close.

If you were wanting to buy the camera as just the body (no lens kit) then it will of course be cheaper and you can build it to the lens your looking for. Just keep in mind glass is EXPENSIVE if you want to see anything really noticeable over the kit lenses Nikon offers with the camera.

Last edited by orange juice; 01-07-2006 at 09:20 AM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 11:05 AM
COY

orange juice = haknslash?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-07-2006, 12:34 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by COY
orange juice = haknslash?

The one and only
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 03:27 PM Thread Starter

Got my first try at pan shooting .A lot harder than many think heh. I have much more practice to get down before getting them how I like them but alas, practice makes perfect.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 01-09-2006, 10:28 PM

wow nice pics man!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode