And now for some motion [56k gonna get owned] - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up And now for some motion [56k gonna get owned]

All of these are the low quality compressed pics. I'll have high quality fll resolution crops later. I woke up at 5 in the monring and drove thru a monsoon over a hour and a half to meet a bunch of guys that are great and had never met before! Enjoy.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 07:21 AM Thread Starter

More...

post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

And more.....

These you can really tell I got owned in compression in the process of resizing them. Some of the hweels came out jaggy as well as the pillars. Ful resolution crops alter won't have those so all is good!

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 09:03 AM

Nice pics man.

post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the comment.

What is with this forum now-a-days? Its so slow to get responses on here. Maybe a Cobalt should of been at the track. Maybe then people would like the pics here I guess.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-23-2006, 06:29 PM

Not sure it has been really slow lately.... anyway yeah..... you are using a D50 right???

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 02:59 AM

Very nice pics. I enjoy the car shots. Now, I KNOW I saw more than 1 florida plate on those cars, but where was this? I don't know of any road courses around here, and no one I hang out with car related does road racing, so I can't ask them. I've also never looked into it, so hell it could be across the town from me and I wouldn't know.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 06:58 AM
Doc
Contributing User

Those are great pics.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Proud DSLSJA Member
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 08:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87camaroPA
you are using a D50 right???
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue04RedLine
Very nice pics. I enjoy the car shots. Now, I KNOW I saw more than 1 florida plate on those cars, but where was this? I don't know of any road courses around here, and no one I hang out with car related does road racing, so I can't ask them. I've also never looked into it, so hell it could be across the town from me and I wouldn't know.
Those guys drove all the way up from Tampa. I was meeting with Dale Seeley and some of his bunch. Dale if your not aware of his name is one of the driving forces behind the SRT4/Mopar scene and is a very competitive and experienced road course racer for Mopar. Here are the standing from One Lap 2005. Note the # 8 overall winnner http://www.onelapofamerica.com/histo...05&res=OVL_CUM. The guys from Tampa are good friends with Dale so they didn't mind driving the 8 hours up to have the track to themselves all day. I was just there meeting everyone for the first time and getting in some more pan practice. The track was up here in Anniston, Alabama. Its called Talladega Grand Prix. Its basically a road course in a old mans backyard/pasture and I'm not kidding LOL. How cool would it be to have your own freaking road course in your backyard?!! This place was no Barbers Motorsports here but it was a fun day thats for sure. Got to meet a bunch of good people and opened a big window of oppertunity for me all in one day...let alone snapping off some decent shots despite the weather. All in all it was a great day. All the drivers ahd the entire road course to themselves all day long for testing and tuning and for relatively inexpensive amounts of moeny. I think they only had to pay like $125 for the entire day. That is a hell of a deal considering Dale was givign passenger instruction and driver help all day. The lessons you would learn an beyond what any money could pay for.

Side note about this meet-up: Since I have met with Dale, he has invited me to tag along with his LER (Lake Effect Racing) crew and basically cover them at One Lap this year. If you don't know what One Lap is, click here http://www.onelapofamerica.com/. I'm freaking stoked about that! Photography is a great way to get access to things you wouldn't have the means for otherwise...or so I'm finding this out! I hopefully will be able to tell the boss I need off for a week to cover this event and he will grant me vacation leave. One Lap will have some cars that most people don't have access to seeing run in person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc
Those are great pics.
Thanks doc

Last edited by orange juice; 01-24-2006 at 08:53 AM.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 08:14 PM

great pics. everyone like to see car pics, especially cars in action. good luck with the one lap event, maybe you can post us some more good pics when you get back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode