New Rwd Impala,monte Ss? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up New Rwd Impala,monte Ss?

http://blog.windingroad.com/
"Zeta platform"
IF the impala becomes rwd angain and gets a new more powerful engine i am getting one when it comes out!

i really hope it comes out to compete against the new charger srt8
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-06-2006, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

,,,,,,anyone?
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 12:05 AM
iso
Contributing User

i liked the tid bit about the hhr ss. should be a badass toy. could compete with the new srt-4 even.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

custom valve tap

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 12:52 AM
Site Moderator

Send a message via AIM to joedashow Send a message via Yahoo to joedashow
I wouldn't hold my breath on an SRT-8 killing Impy or Monte. That'll be the higher-tier Camaro's job. RWD would be great, though. You'd think that Chevy would know when the wrong wheels are spinning on their V8's.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CHICAGO CUBS - NINETY-NINE YEARS OF TRADITION

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 06:53 PM

I would have to agree with joedashow regarding the "srt-8 killers". Don't get me wrong, the new monte carlo's and impalas are heads and shoulders above the previous attempts at SS trims, but they are still far behind the srt-8 lineup. (well, as far as horsepower).

Many people on this forum believe that the stock cobalt ss/sc are actually faster than the Impalla and monte carlo ss.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-07-2006, 10:27 PM Thread Starter

oh and does anyone knows if there will be a zl-1 camaro again?,,because i went to motor trend and the tested the zl-1 vs. gt500
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 06-08-2006, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSKING
oh and does anyone knows if there will be a zl-1 camaro again?,,because i went to motor trend and the tested the zl-1 vs. gt500
We're all pretty sure that there will be a GT-500 fighter, but as far as what the trim level will be called, you should probably hit up the NAIAS section of camaroz28.com. There are about 10 threads with 100's of replies debating what it will be.

Many people beleive it should be ZL-1, but some "insiders" have hinted at "Z28" being the top camaro. While others will defend to the death the fact that it should be "SS".

Whatever its called, its definately going to be an amazing machine.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-21-2006, 08:45 PM

so i may be getting a impala SS instead of a Cobalt SS when i trade my car in. this is mainly due to my large ass legs. im 6ft 4 and 201 lbs (im loosing wieght... YEAAAAYYYY) but anyway the cobalt ss is to small for me.

what are your guys opinions on the new impala ss?
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 10:08 AM

There sharp looking machines, but 303hp and FWD? There probably won't be a noticable difference in performance, there about the same. Also, there kinda pricy. The real-world prices i have seen are comparable to a brand new GTO.

But you will have 2 more doors, so when you stick your girlfriend and her friends in the back seat on a long road trip, they won't be complaining!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Contributing User

when i sold cars, we did a ride and drive wih the new impalas on a little street course with heavy braking andhard turns, and i liked it a lot. i know it's fwd, but the thing moves pretty good. turn the t/c off, and it will roast the tires for awhile down the road. i like them, and i like that they get almost 30mpg on the highway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode