Help getting my cobalt back - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

Help getting my cobalt back

Hey guys, i recently joined the forums because i bought a 06 SS/SC but 5 days after i bought the car, the dealer called and wanted a co-signer because of a false debt on my credit. I have talked with my dentist and they have records showing they never sent my bills to collections, meaning i payed everything on time. Now if anyone has experienced something like this your help would be GREATLY appreciated. Where do I go from here as to fix my credit? I have tried calling Equifax but its just a big answering machine. Is there maybe something im missing? I have the records from the dentist and I know who the collections agency is but they dont have my name in their system. I just want my cobalt back! Thankls
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 11:59 AM

Thats unbeleivable that they would call you 5 days after you drove off the lot to take back your car. In my opinion, you should be done with the sales people at that point. Sorry for your loss but just get a co signer. I personally have decent credit but because i'm so young they require a co-signer, so just get one of your parents or a sibling, or even a grand parent!

It may even get you a better interest rate!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Well i would have gotten a co signer if someone would co sign for me. The 4 parents i have wont co sign for me because they all say they have bad credit. The only person who would be able to is my step mom but she refuses to. My credit score with the "delinquent medical bill" is still pretty good, but once that gets off it will throw my score up and my credit wont look bad. I just need to get it fixed but i dunno where to start.

Well at the time, they approved me for 0% for 72 months, then 5 days out they called me askin for the co. so yeah i got royally screwed when i coulda had 0% if SOMEONE didnt mess with my credit.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2006, 07:16 PM

yeah and it doesnt usually fall right off your credit either.. it takes a couple of years..and you have to request to have it taken off once the debt it resolved. But if you have a dent in your credit they will question it....they might not have messed with you if you were not getting the SC...also remember if you have a co signer and you dont make the payments they creditors will come after the co-signer...
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 09:54 PM
Contributing User

i highly doubt all you have is a bad debt with a dentist.

i have a charge off of $2k for a laptop the company screwed me on and then i just refused to pay them for it. i also have almost $50k in student loans in my name from college.

i had no trouble with getting a loan w/o a cosigner
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode