78 corvette L82 vs 92 eagle talon tsi - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-30-2006, 01:21 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to 06supercharged
Arrow 78 corvette L82 vs 92 eagle talon tsi

ok so im crusin in my grandpas corvette today when my friend gives me a call he just got off of work and was looking for a race. im not gonna turn down a race so i drive aruond by my house waiting for him to get home. we meet up on one of the main roads near my house. the 1st race was from a about a 40 roll... 1,2,3 go he takes off and left me in the dust.. the old 3 speed automatic in my corvette is usless from a roll and he also as a 5speed he got about 5 cars on me and i didnt start to pull on him till about 90mph or so but the race was over befor it began... race #2 we both came to a stop and had about 2 miles of open road in front of us... 1,2,3 go we both take off it was dead even off the line mostly bc i had a little tire spin and his AWD gets him of the line real fast. he shifts to 2nd and pulls a nose in front of me the auto in the vette shifted to 2nd at the same time he went to 3rd gear and i made up the 2-3 foot gap but he he got it back when he shifted to 4th. once again we had identical shift times as he went to 5th and i went to 3rd and once again i made up the gap and started to pull i had about a 1 foot lead when we both shut down around 110 mph...

estimated specs on both cars
corvette - talon
v8 - I4 turbo charged
rwd - AWD
220hp - 205 hp
275ft/lb - 190ft/lb
3 speed auto - 5 speed manule
completly stock - lighty modded
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 02:12 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

wonder if a i had a manule would it be different
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 02:48 AM

it sounds to me like your car can just not handle the talon. i mean, it may just be the driver and not the car..

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 12:21 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

so black son what kinda car are you drivein it better not be one of thoes eagle talons
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 12:29 AM

actually i do nukka. i drive a '91 eagle talon STD hatchback 2.0L automatic...and i my car eats corvettes and mustangs for breakfast. eat that.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 12:41 AM

YO! your dissing a stang. Who do you think you are? I drive and 04 mach 1 and I'll kill your DSM any day of the week!
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 12:51 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

HAHA well i just looked up the specs on your car son and if your stock i doubt your beating i mean eating corvettes and mustangs for breakfast so im wonder what you got under the hood of your car.... hey slick nice to see another fan of american cars on hear what do you think of this DSMer right here
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 12:57 AM

psssh please...under ma hood i got a cold air intake and a cat back exhaust and my car dynoed 155 whp...and of course me in the drivas seat is already a disadvantage to tha other car...wanna race rick?? lets go...meet me in ma hood and its goin downnnnn
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

come on rick back me up here the dsm aint killin anything unless hes useing spray what are you running btw
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 08-01-2006, 01:06 AM

currently under "ma hood" I got a cold air intake borla exhaust system forged internals.......and COMEING SOON a supercharger coming soon SOOOO "RIDE BLACK" I would race you but I would like to still have a car when I get home from seeing your hood which mean I dont wanna have your homies jack my shit!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode