New Honda Civic Si Sedan - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 09:04 PM Thread Starter

New Honda Civic Si Sedan

My dad is thinking about buying the new honda civic si sedan which i looked at myself and its a better car then my ss 2.4 cobalt i really like it. but i dont think its out yet. anyone herd anything about this car or like this let me know. im trying to find one for him automatic tranny 4 doors but i dont know if they will have that or not. thanks.

http://automobiles.honda.com/civic_s...20061020020239

ryman.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 09:06 PM

its pretty good for the price. i been in a new civic and i can fit in it comfortly and im 6ft 4
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 02:11 AM
iso
Contributing User

i believe they are only offered with the 6 spd manual

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

custom valve tap

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

yeah ther are

i think so thats what i was looking up 6 speed manual and 190 hp dont know what torque was. 4 door very nice design and good looking car overall.

ryman.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 09:26 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by iso View Post
i believe they are only offered with the 6 spd manual
^^^ i 2nd this. if it's a true si, it will only have the 6 spd just like the true ss/sc, 5 spd only. looks ok, but i'm not in love with any hond except maybe an s2000.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

thought it would be a nice competitor

i thought it would be a nice competitor for the sc cobalt. its only got 190 or so hp but that can be adjusted. im not to sure as of when it comes out yet though. im thinking it will come out around march. the same time my 06 2.4 cobalt came out. what do you guys think? But its not like my balt i like it alot more.

ryman.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 12:37 PM

i think that it looks really good!
i was lookin at the SI b4 I got the ss/sc but the upgrade for the ss/sc were better off then voiding the warranty & going turbo'd or sc for the SI

that 4door looks good though.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-28-2006, 02:49 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlinden86 View Post
i thought it would be a nice competitor for the sc cobalt. its only got 190 or so hp but that can be adjusted. im not to sure as of when it comes out yet though. im thinking it will come out around march. the same time my 06 2.4 cobalt came out. what do you guys think? But its not like my balt i like it alot more.

ryman.
I saw one several weeks back when I was at Super Target. I really don't like the new Civic sedans looks. And with the body kit and almost non-existent spoiler it just looked as if Honda was trying too hard. I don't even think ricers would give you respect with it, but that's just my opinion. I love the looks of the Civic coupe, especially the Si, but I'd have to go with Cobalt SS sedan. It was almost a no-brainer for me. Besides, the Si has horrible torque for a car in the performance category. I think it is just 136lb-ft. You'd have to launch at a high rpm to get the VTEC going and that will wear out you clutch and the higher the rpm's the more likely you are to break or damage something internal. Could be wrong though.

07 Tahoe LT
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 Sport Red 4 door SS:
-sticking around for now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode