which you you rather have?... - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 10:30 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to ah665
which you you rather have?...

..i'm sitting here bored at work, so i was pondering this. i sold my DD truck for my SS. i also have a ws6 thats modded up alot and some mx bikes. i have some debt, nothing crazy but enough that i have to watch my spending. i want a street bike, but cant afford one with everything i have, so what if i sold the ws6? it actually sickens me to think of not having that car, but at the same time, now that i have the SS, it kinda takes away from the ws6 cause i have 2 relatively fast cars. i mean, by no means is the SS close but its respectable. so if i sold my ws6 and got a used R1, then i could free up alot of dept and still have a fun toy to blast around. the downside would be not having my pride and joy of a car that i've dumped alot of cash into. just wondering what you guys would do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 12:14 PM

That's a tough one. I mean, it's cool to have something fast.... and the ws6 can't compare to an R1. Plus, like you said, you'd get rid of some debt, your insurance would be cheaper, etc. It'd be more money could spend on the SS... lol.

But on the other hand, you've put some work into the ws6. How much? How hard have you worked on it? How much do you really love the car?

It's a tough one. If it were me, I'd get the bike. But that's just me. I can say that without any attachment to the car.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 01:11 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

well, my fav cars are fbods and vettes. my ws6 is an 02. i have the motor basically converted all to ls6 (c5 z06 motor) but the heads were ported before they were put on. everything else is factory GM, and was swapped over from a low-mile 04 z06. the suspension is all SLP aftermarket, its has factory Z06 wheels and calipers along with drilled slotted rotors aswell as some bolt-ons (catback, throttle body, intake and a bunch of other things). so i have alot of time/money in the car. i almost just bought an R1 before i bought the car, but i decided to get the car instead. i'm really happy with it and everything, but i'm just the type of person to weigh my options, but i'm also 'the grass is greener ' type person too. so if i did sell the T/A and get the R1 and have some extra cash flow, it could be sweet but could leave me missing a car i love.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 03:12 PM

Those ws6's are bad ass cars. really quick. but think about gas prices, The R1 is alot faster alot more fun and good on gas. I used to have a bike before i got my SS/SC im glad i did it cuz i wanted something i could use to pick u friends and have a great time, but in the summer me and my buddies and his buddies would ride every where and have wheelie competitions and it was great fun. come spring im prolly gettin another bike, but a cbr1000 rr this time no 600. lol well hope ya make the right choice cough*R1*cough. lol L8r
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 05:13 PM

Man that would be very hard to decide.... i would keep the WS6 but that is just me..

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-27-2006, 02:06 AM

Keep WS6, last f-bod. still have the 77 in the family w/ the pontiac 400, and my mom's 2002 white LS1 Vert. T/A black top/interior. If you care about the car keep it, if its just "another vehicle" to you sell it, just don't make any rash decisions, I'd make a list of the pros and cons and assign priority/value to each of them and tally up your results and wa la...your decision is made.

Good luck, let us know. peace- CobaltSScrazy
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

most of my friends have been suggesting to keep the ws6. thats not exactly a bad idea, considering the money i dumped into would basically be a waste cause i wouldnt get anything more for it than any other '02 in similar condition/mileage. i dunno though, cause when i see R1's i think they are the most badass machines ever made. i cant decide.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-30-2006, 03:26 PM

please keep the ws6!!! get rid of some of your other toys that you cant ride during the winter or whatever... then you can get what you want...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode