Video Game Thread... - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

Video Game Thread...

I noticed that there has not been one of these in awhile and I have recently got on another video game kick since trying to keep up with the pack and buying a xbox360. So I wondered some of the following:

What are you playing now?
Do you play online?
Whats you name online(gamertags)?

Do you have any recomendations?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Gears of War - Xbox 360
4/5 Stars - Online Play Movie
This is a great game that could turn into another Halo

Madden 2007 - Xbox 360
4/5 Stars - Cool Video Edit
The all time best Brett Favre induced NFL Game, period.

Saints Row - Xbox 360
4/5 Stars - Random Acts of Debauchary
Look out GTA there's a new scarface thug wannabe in town.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-28-2006, 11:40 PM

PS2:

Need For Speed: Carbon
4/5 stars
Not as good as the MW game, but it does allow for more customization. Extras include Drifting, and controls are not as good as in last game.

Guitar Hero II
4/5
Awesome interactive game where you can play chords of some awesome rock music from the 70s 80s and 90s, and includes a guitar controller!

NFS:MW
5/5
Totally awesome game! Replay value is high. Resolution is pretty good for a car game, needs to have more destructible items/ buildings.

Bully
3/5
Not what I expected. Rockstar has a pretty good base to have a really good game to build on. Objectives include going to class, beating up people, and running errands. Replay value will be lower for me. So So game.

Midnight Club DUB ed.: Remix
3/5
Controls are sloppy as hell, hard to control the cars, customization is at a minimum. Does have some odd/ rare cars including a 57 bel aire, SRT4, and Hummer H2. Replay is if I have time. I'd rather try to beat Carbon.

The Fast and the Furious
4/5
Cool Details, customization almost endless, has stupid "drift charms" you can hang on the ass of your car. Replay value high. LOTS of race options, including "roll-up" races.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 08:15 PM

Xbox 360 = Halo 2, Gears of War, Oblivion

Nintendo Wii = Zelda, Wii sports

PC= Neverwinter Nights 2 (dungeons and dragons FTW!!)

Yes I have a Wii and a 360 and a rebuilt PC, and yes I am a geek with no life.

My gamertag is Landonelf on xbox live, and I am always looking for half-decent players to game with.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-29-2006, 09:42 PM

Halo 2
Rainbow 6 :Las Vegas
Gears of War
StOcK!!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-31-2006, 10:30 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to xravenwingsx Send a message via MSN to xravenwingsx
i'm currently having fun with:
Need for Speed Carbon (already beat, trying to get 100% completion)
Forza Motorsport
Gran Turismo 4
Project Gotham Racing 3
The Fast and the Furious (except I HATE the shaky screen and being stuck on the 'suicide mountain' race)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Injen CAI + Corsa Touring + GMPP Stg 2 + Eibachs
Hawk Pads + too much suspension to mention
On the way: Flywheel + DC Sports header
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

in the car games - can you buy products from vendors like Injen, Fidanza or DEI - like in Gran Turismo?
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 11:44 AM

I Carbon you cant choose what brand you want, only the parameters of that product, for example, it will only give you edelbrock nitrous. then you set it for either velocity or duration... Its still lacking the whole "tuner" view of the game.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-03-2007, 04:38 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnsRallyYellowSS View Post
I Carbon you cant choose what brand you want, only the parameters of that product, for example, it will only give you edelbrock nitrous. then you set it for either velocity or duration... Its still lacking the whole "tuner" view of the game.

Agreed, I think IMO, they need to incorporate NFS Carbon (hardness of the cops and all the appearance detail), and NFSU 2, with all the performance tuning options. I like the fact that you can tune your transmission gears in NFSU 2 and fine tune everything else. If they mixed those 2 games that would be a sweet game, that's for sure. However, the NFS HD game coming out for PS3 looks sweet as hell!

But back onto the subject.

PS2 - Black. 5/5 - One of the most challenging games I have. Great graphical detail and over all a good game.

Sniper Elite - 4/5 - Good game, graphic aren't all that good but it's a really good game. Trying to account for the bullet drop can be pretty tricky at times but it's still a good game.

PC - Command and Conqurer, Red Alert 2. 4/5 - Kinda outdated, but still a really good strategy game to play online or just against the computer. Multiple levels, including player made ones, which always make it a challenge, and best of all, NO CHEATS! thus, making it really hard. I play online everynow and then, but I'm having some computer probs so I can't play as much anymore. Online alias is KlrLevee.

Battlefield 2 - 4/5 - Coulda made it a lot better in my opinion with the multi-player portion of it, but it's still a hard game. Overall, I suggest people play it.

S.W.A.T. 4 - 5/5 - Hard game as single player and even worse as multiplayer. Great game to play solo, or LAN. I recommend if your computer can handle it, GET IT! Great game.

I'm sure I'll remember more later! lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode