got the tune - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19
got the tune

i finally got my tune!i cant believe how much of a differance it makes! 301hp 370lbs tq, @27psi of boost
devildawgtom is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 08:17 PM
The HepKitty
 
LittleMT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,329
Very nice! Have a dyno plot to post?

...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the Bop that never Stopped...
Chantilly Lace - The Rolling Rockabilly Jukebox..
LittleMT is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 09:22 PM
Contributing User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Dunbar wv
Posts: 143
Or........... what tune?

'09 ss/tc white sedan
lsd, matte black wheels, black headlights, smoked taillights, Hahn CAI, custom catless dp, custom exhaust, Injen CP, trifecta multi-stage tune, dejon bpv spring
austinss is offline  
 
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-27-2010, 10:16 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19
got it printed out, not quit sure how to post it tho. dynojet tune, dude i met at walmart with a solstice did it for me. tuned it down a lil bit, 275hp @20psi boost anything over 20psi the boost cuts out on me after a few seconds. not quite sure why its doing that. im thinkin maybe the wastegate.
devildawgtom is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 01:35 PM
Contributing User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildawgtom View Post
got it printed out, not quit sure how to post it tho. dynojet tune, dude i met at walmart with a solstice did it for me. tuned it down a lil bit, 275hp @20psi boost anything over 20psi the boost cuts out on me after a few seconds. not quite sure why its doing that. im thinkin maybe the wastegate.
Probably more like the MAP sensor pegging out.

2008 Cobalt SS SRTC
sstupid is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19
what is that? and how do i fix it to run more than 20lbs of boost? it is starting to piss me off!
devildawgtom is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator
 
skoal*boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Fort Bragg NC
Posts: 1,639
Garage
it would be in your intake. and you have to buy a 3 bar MAF, whats happeing is that your boosting so much that turbo is pulling so much air past the MAF that its thinks somthing is messed up. but you have to watch out for boosting that much. Whats going to happen is the head studs are going to strech and the head gasket will start leaking. I have had the problem on my car for some time. taking it to the dealership next week to get it fixed.
skoal*boy is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-01-2010, 05:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Springfield, va
Posts: 93
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoal*boy View Post
it would be in your intake. and you have to buy a 3 bar MAF, whats happeing is that your boosting so much that turbo is pulling so much air past the MAF that its thinks somthing is messed up. but you have to watch out for boosting that much. Whats going to happen is the head studs are going to strech and the head gasket will start leaking. I have had the problem on my car for some time. taking it to the dealership next week to get it fixed.
Um do you mean a 3 bar map sensor? "bar" is a unit of pressure. Maf sensors dont measure pressure.
frstgrdedropout is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 08:25 AM
Contributing User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by frstgrdedropout View Post
Um do you mean a 3 bar map sensor? "bar" is a unit of pressure. Maf sensors dont measure pressure.
YEah, he's talking about a manifold absolute pressure sensor.

2008 Cobalt SS SRTC
sstupid is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2010, 08:29 AM
Contributing User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by devildawgtom View Post
what is that? and how do i fix it to run more than 20lbs of boost? it is starting to piss me off!
Personally, I would just get the tune adjusted to run 22 psi max. More boost doesn't mean more power. It usually means you need to free up some airflow with a downpipe. The 3 bar MAP sensors for these cars is currently only available in the turbo upgrade kit from GM, which costs $480. There are other 3 bar MAP sensors that will work, but the wiring harness has to be hacked to accomodate them. Just tune it down a little. On a side note, you could have possibly blown one or both of your MAP sensors.

2008 Cobalt SS SRTC
sstupid is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tune TheBalt Performance Modifications 3 01-26-2010 10:59 PM
09 tc tune MoePwR Performance Modifications 16 12-24-2008 10:48 AM
Should I get a tune??? jwolf8604 Performance Modifications 6 10-10-2007 08:01 PM
tune? jonsstockrocket Performance Modifications 21 02-19-2007 10:38 PM
tune jonsstockrocket Performance Modifications 3 01-15-2007 01:07 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome