Where is my ignition??? 07 cobalt LS - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-28-2010, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

Where is my ignition??? 07 cobalt LS

I'm trying to locate the ignition in the engine compartment for my o7 cobalt LS 2.2 ecotech. I have an aftermarket radio installed and I get terrible alternator whine/engine noise through my speakers. I have narrowed the problem down to my head units ignition power wire which is currently tapped into a fuse in the adjacent fuse block under the passenger side panal. Even with an in line noise filter the problem persists. I want to bypass whatever component I have that wire tapped into at the fuse block and run a wire directly off the ignition to my HU's ignition power wire.

Can someone find me a picture of give me a detailed discription of the ignition's location? I cant seem to find it after search around google for a while.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-30-2010, 02:31 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to Rob1904
instead of running through your ignition wire run through your illumination that might work. thats what i did and i dont get any feedback or anything.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 01-31-2010, 09:47 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to BlackDragonSS Send a message via MSN to BlackDragonSS Send a message via Skype™ to BlackDragonSS
Well theres your problem. you went with an after market system which I would consider bad mojo because the 07 models had RDS which was ran through the stock stero. You could possibly run into future problems there

"

The Skinny:
1980 Chevy Malibu
229 cu. in. V6 (don't judge)
3 spd. Saginaw
15 in. Rally wheels.
Mismatched paint.
A little rust.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode