Stock boost? (aside: Bluetooth issue) - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 05:46 PM Thread Starter

Stock boost? (aside: Bluetooth issue)

First of all, I'm new here. I'm from Raleigh, North Carolina, so if anyone else is from that area hopefully you can clue me into reputable shops, etc in the area. I have a 2009 Summit white SS, here are some teaser shots:

Lately it seems my car isnt boosting as much as it was before. I'm wondering if I should worry about boost leak.

It seemed like before I was always boosting past 15psi and now if I hit 15 thats great and 16 happens at the top of the gear rarely.

I am completely stock but have ordered my GMS1 and look to be putting it in next week.

Just wondering what your stock boost was like!

Also the aside was the bluetooth with the car suddenly stopped working properly. It used to mute the audio and go straight to the call. Now it doesnt mute, and my phone rings by itself and if I answer the call it just uses the handset even though the bluetooth is paired up. This one has me stumped because I've paired/unpaired and tried everything. (verizon blackberry tour)

Anyone else have that issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 10:19 PM
Contributing User

Has the weather g***en colder since the boost drop? The ECM, when stock, will let the car make only 260hp. It's part of the "learn down" feature. So colder weather=lower boost & same power.

'09 ss/tc white sedan
lsd, matte black wheels, black headlights, smoked taillights, Hahn CAI, custom catless dp, custom exhaust, Injen CP, trifecta multi-stage tune, dejon bpv spring
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

yeah I think you nailed it. the lower boost does seem to correlate with lower temperatures. Im in north carolina, so it doesn't get too cold. But usually nighttime is when I am thinking I have an issue. It is usually right at 15psi though.

Is that a normal stock boost level?

And as far as the aside goes, my bluetooth worked fine yesterday. All I did was restart the phone (battery pull). So it seems like an intermittent problem because it wasnt working for about 4 days straight and then all the sudden back to normal.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-20-2010, 10:44 PM
Contributing User

Normal stock boost level truly depends on the altitude, here in WV I'd hit around 16-17 in warmer weather, now I only hit around 14psi.

'09 ss/tc white sedan
lsd, matte black wheels, black headlights, smoked taillights, Hahn CAI, custom catless dp, custom exhaust, Injen CP, trifecta multi-stage tune, dejon bpv spring
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
during the hot days i will booste about 23-24 and the colder days it only 22-24, but my car runs alot better and feels to pull better when its cold.

And before ppl start posting all this stuff about it being turbo and the intercooler I Know.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Contributing User

Hey skoal, with our tunes our learn down feature has been removed. I mean, we obviously still see a slight fluctuation in boost based on weather but not as bad as when we were stock.

'09 ss/tc white sedan
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-21-2010, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
yea i know. thanks
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-26-2010, 07:58 AM
Contributing User

It's the turbo and the intercooler.

2008 Cobalt SS SRTC
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 10:33 AM

Check the for the waste gate actuator adjusting nut being loose. I've seen
several 09s with the nut completly loose from the factory.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 05:35 PM
Contributing User

^^Could be....don't wanna lose a nut

'09 ss/tc white sedan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode