Picked up my new to me 08 SS yesterday - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-12-2010, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via MSN to meldog21
Picked up my new to me 08 SS yesterday

Just got home after driving my "new to me" SS back from Edwards AFB. Averaged about 27 mpg with an average speed of about 72. Most of the trip was on I-5 where the speed limit is 70 mph. This is a pretty good little car. Pictures of the car from the for sale ad:

http://www.*************/forums/showthread.php?t=206122

I still can't decide if I want to get rid of the low wing and trade it for a slick trunk with no wing. What's up with the no center arm rest? One arm on the door and one dangling kind of blows.

The SS has good acceleration once you're moving but taking off in first is hard to do without chirping the tires. I had no trouble passing on the freeway.

Overall, I'd say I'm pretty happy with the car. Tomorrow I have to read the manual and figure out how everything works.

Dog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 12:10 PM

no center arm rest on my 09 either u have to buy them
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2010, 02:16 PM

I never used the arm rest in my 2007 2.4L SS. I was kinda glad my 2010 SS didn't come with one. I found it just got in the way of using the emergency brake. The amount of space that it had inside of it was almost useless too. *shrugs* I know I won't miss it lol.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 04:37 PM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by standard_1664 View Post
I never used the arm rest in my 2007 2.4L SS. I was kinda glad my 2010 SS didn't come with one. I found it just got in the way of using the emergency brake. The amount of space that it had inside of it was almost useless too. *shrugs* I know I won't miss it lol.
This.

I bought one, installed it, hated it, and sold it.

2008 Cobalt SS SRTC
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via MSN to meldog21
Thanks for the advice on the arm rest. Today was the first time I took the car out to see how it worked under a little stress. I don't like the launch control. I think I can do better myself. I do like the NLS, it's pretty cool with just a chueee sound on the shift. The car handles really well for a small fwd. I took my neighbor who has a hopped up Honda as a passenger. He was highly impressed.

I just have to get used to the fwd. It definitely handles different than my Z06.

Dog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode