Typing or texting? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-17-2010, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Send a message via MSN to meldog21
Typing or texting?

I don't mean to be too critical, but is it just me and about three other people that use capitalization, punctuation, and some semblance of sentence structure when posting? Even thread titles aren't routinely capitalized. Is everyone on the forum using a phone and texting their posts? Or is it just that the level of today's schooling is so low that people in general have incredibly poor communicative skills?

Doesn't anyone realize that it's going to be awfully hard to obtain a high paying professional job or career when you can't communicate in standard written form?

Dog
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2010, 05:41 AM

Most people really don't give a shit. I normally don't care, but I find it most annoying when people are asking for help with something and are trying to describe their problem. How the hell is anyone supposed to help if we don't understand what the hell you're talking about....knaw meeen!!!! lololol!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Contributing User

Really....it's a forum for cars man...
No one's on here posting job resumes...

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-20-2010, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Well Dog, I don't have to know how to write well. I just need to know how to shot a gun. But it's a car fourm. I don't think my 5th grade teacher is going to be getting on here and telling what I did wrong. But that's just me.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via AIM to Rob1904
Quote:
Originally Posted by meldog21 View Post
I don't mean to be too critical, but is it just me and about three other people that use capitalization, punctuation, and some semblance of sentence structure when posting? Even thread titles aren't routinely capitalized. Is everyone on the forum using a phone and texting their posts? Or is it just that the level of today's schooling is so low that people in general have incredibly poor communicative skills?

Doesn't anyone realize that it's going to be awfully hard to obtain a high paying professional job or career when you can't communicate in standard written form?

Dog
WeLl I dOnT kNoW bUt i FEEGURE i do FINE wiTh maI Job Dosent Mater how i Tzype. So JUST Talk about YOUr g_Ri])3 and STFU
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-29-2010, 04:58 PM
The HepKitty

man, i mispell and dont use caps on the intrawebs...... i am ruined...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the Bop that never Stopped...
Chantilly Lace - The Rolling Rockabilly Jukebox..
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Contributing User

Garage
im a redneck thats edumacated i cant spell nore do i care if i miss spell and i put random periods and i put random caps. its a fourm who cares . all we all really care about is what u got under the hood and if u have an issue that we can help with etc. we only care about car related topics. grammer pssh. .
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meldog21 View Post

Dog
I have learned to deal with the poor grammar and spelling on forums. If it is so bad that I have to thing about what the person is trying to say I quit reading it.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-24-2010, 11:31 AM
Contributing User

Quote:
Originally Posted by speed_freak5150 View Post
I have learned to deal with the poor grammar and spelling on forums. If it is so bad that I have to thing about what the person is trying to say I quit reading it.
I have a hard time thinging sometimes too

09 White LSD 4 Door SS
GMPP Stage Kit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hahn intake, charge pipes, and cat back
ttr motor mount, CIA downpipe
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-31-2010, 02:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-Bullet-Banta View Post
I have a hard time thinging sometimes too
I meant to say think. It must have been a long night when I typed that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode