buying help!!!!!!! - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-24-2010, 04:30 PM Thread Starter

buying help!!!!!!!

I am looking at a 2005 cobalt ss yellow. Only mods are a cai and a megan racing exhaust. I donít know much about the cobalt ss so if someone could give me some pointers on buying one and what to look for that would be great. The one I found has the large wing on it and only has 54000. It also has had a new gm clutch put in it 1000 miles ago. Thanks for the help!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-25-2010, 08:42 PM
Contributing User

Send a message via MSN to meldog21
Here is some basic car buying advice.

First of all figure out what car you want. I mean you need to determine your needs and desires and find the car that fits those needs and desires within your price range. Your price range should be the maximum price you can afford to spend on the car including insurance and maintenance.

Look for the cleanest low mileage car you can find within your price range. Look by checking the forums and other sources for used car prices. Check Craigs list, Edmunds, Auto Trader, Kelly Blue Book, and any other site you can find to determine a fair price for the vehicle you want.

Find something geographically close that matches your search criteria. Go and test drive the vehicle and don't let emotions rule. You're buying a car and it's going to cost you some serious dough, don't be stupid, be smart about it. If it's not right move on until you find the right one. It will be there you just have to keep looking.

Bargain with the seller no matter how good the deal appears to be. There are deals out there if you're willing to put in the time to find them.

Good luck.

Dog

Last edited by meldog21; 04-28-2010 at 11:20 PM.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 07:15 AM
Contributing User

Decent mileage....
If I were looking on the used end I'd aim for something under 30K miles, but that's just me.
If it's in good shape and runs good (take it out before buying it please) then it doesn't sound too bad.

How much is the seller asking for it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode