Axle Seal Question - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2010, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Axle Seal Question

My axle seal is leaking a little bit on my passenger side where it hooks into the tranny. I only noticed it because it looked a little damp/wet around it when I was under the car and a little fluid was sprayed above it. Sense I have the automatic sealed transmission, I can't check the fluid level. The car never leaves any fluid on the ground, no matter the incline and the transmission works as smooth as glass. Do you guys think its worth the $100 to have the seal fixed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Contributing User

well I there is a way to check the fluid level on all transmissions but they dont let the customer know new cars. Like the cavalier theres a plug on the top of the transmission. what they do is fill up the car removing all the fluid and then re adding the spec amount to it. What i would do is completely clean the area where the fluid is located at. I mean completely spotless go back in about a month and compare what it looks like. if you have about the same spot coverage on your car/seal then you know thats what your loosing per month. Just remember that $100 is expensive to the point of how much you will need to keep checking the car.

09 SS cobalt black
Halos and 8000k head lights and fog lights
35% tints all the way round
Hahn CAI, Charge pipes, Catted Down Pipe.
GMST1 now Trifecta switchable tune 2011 spring
8000k lights all the way round

My 09 Chevy cobalt SS =16k
10 WRX STI = 33k
I can make my car RWD or AWD and also drop a Turbo for the amount of difference in prices.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:30 AM
Contributing User

Sealer transmissions suck. I THINK some have a sight glass that you can see the fluid level through, but I'm not sure. A friend of mine was changing his oil in a rush one day in his 08 Tundra and accidentally drained the tranny fluid....we had to get a frickin PUMP to pump the fluid into the transmission because the fill plug was on TOP the transmission in a place where you couldn't just pour the frickin fluid in...

Anyway...what I'm trying to say is that $100 isn't that bad to just get your problem fixed versus going through more than $100 worth of headache if it ever comes down to you having to fill it, etc.

-ZZPerformance 3" catless downpipe
-ZZPerformance tune (21PSI)
-Dejon short ram intake
-Dejon intercooler piping
-Full 3" custom exhaust

Old 01-22-2015, 06:15 PM

Very good and*informative*exchange*..*Thank you!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Prikfireyw; 03-05-2015 at 07:20 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:10 PM
Contributing User

This video would surely be helpful with your need.
http://youtu.be/bH98nX8fb6M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in