new motor - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 07:38 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Unhappy new motor

last tuesday i was racing a 2006 350z from second to fourth i put it in second about 30 mph thats about where my powerband is strong i put a half a car on him from the start he couldnt catch me soon as i slammed it into fourth $%^^%$# nothing my car turned off rolled to stop i was like please turn back on she turned over but clank clank clank is what she did so me and som,e friends pushed it to a wallmart parking lot and started to search for a problem i saw oil under my supercharger on the block i was like shit i blew a hole in my block well we looked somemore on the b***om of the motor your crank shaft positoning sensor plugs in well that bitch was blown out of my block no hole in my block the bracket that holds the sensor in palce was still there but the sensor was blown out i was the what the hell so got it towed to my friends shop and aparently my relcuter wheele came loose and hit my crank shaft and fucked my whole block up today i just bought my new motor it was 3433.27$ long block only had 60,000 miles on my one that just messed up stomach hurtin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
wow that sucks dude. well look at it this way, you still got the kill.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 08:38 AM

That $3400 is for a brand new crate engine i assume?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Contributing User

im hoping the 3400 is for a somewhat built motor

09 White LSD 4 Door SS
GMPP Stage Kit
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Hahn intake, charge pipes, and cat back
ttr motor mount, CIA downpipe
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2010, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

no 3400 is for a new head anew block and supercharger with a 3 year 100,000 mile warranty. Now i have a new motor 2 superchargers one with 60,000 miles and 1 with zero. My head is fine on my old motor and im gonna rebulid the one that broke. Yea JBP has a mild crate motor it was cheaper by a little. But i had to send them my motor before they even shipped mine and i had to pay for it and pay them to fix my stock motor and all it had was wiseco pistons and rods thats it i can do that to my old motor and have two motors so i didnt even get to puyt my stage 2 kit on yet 2.9 pully 42# injectors adjustable belt tensioner s3 heat exchanger stage 2 pcm i put my heat exchanger on thats it and i have a exedy stage 2 clutch and a fidanza 8 1/2 pound flywheel i posted pics of every thing that heat exchanger looks good alot of people thought i was a turbo cobalt with the ss supercharged wheels lol yea the dude in the 350 swore i had something done besides what i told him and i tryied to tell him he just couldnt drive worth a fuck granny shifting not double clutching like he should lol that line is funny

Last edited by yellowlsj; 04-27-2010 at 06:53 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 01:09 AM
Contributing User

it's all part of the game we call racing ...

new toy an new build for 2010 :
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 07:19 AM
Contributing User

Do you have an after market tune? Are you running an AFR gauge? May have leaned out and blew your motor. Just a heads up so the second motor doesn't end up the same way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode