Time to look dumb again. HELP MT/ skoal haha - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Garage
Time to look dumb again. HELP MT/ skoal haha

okay so friday i was off yay me. so i took my car to a job i was on the day befor yes i get off work and end up going to job sites cause im bored lol. and my buddy was there . and we was just talking etc etc etc.

caim time to leave me and my girl got in and my buddy was like VROOOM light em up . of corse i was like ight let me turn around first.

so i do so. and i just peel out i take off ehhh around 4k rpm carry a really nice peel out my personal best was quite happy bout it . UNTILL dot dot dot

my buddy calls me and says "thought u had a LSD" . i say i do.. he says no u dont i say how u get that *lol story weeee* he says only one tire was spining u left one tire track down this side street , i say hmmm thats weird. and beggin to get pissed off thinking i got screwd over "again" . i proceed to go out to my car i still have the window msrp sticker. get it out and look it over it says

"options installed b manufacturer

- Differential. limited slip

- CRYstal red metallic tintcoat.

so im angrey and all for awhile

and i think to myself and proceed to call my budy as he knows more about cars than i.

"i say - u know when i did that peel out i turns traction controle off and put comp mode on. Him - hmmm maybe thats why ur lsd didnt kick in? me - i dont @!#@!#[email protected] know.

so basicly after all this mobo jumbo typing

my question.

i own a 2010 cobalt ss yes i know u all know that now haha. *didnt all these come with LSD stock.?" and if not what it says on the msrp sticker tells me i have one right? and last but not least does turning traction controle off "shut down" the lsd like my buddy susspects? thx i know its long yall. but im ur favoritest newbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 10:58 PM
The HepKitty

you got me on this one, I for the life cannot see any possible way of 'turning off' a LSD no matter what one does, other then removing it. By it's design, it can't be turned off, it's either a LSD tranny or it isn't, and it sounds like it isn't. You probably have to investigate this further with the dealer whom you made the purchase with. I have a 2006Cobalt SS/SC. They did not come LSD, only on the E85 package. 2010 I have no idea.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the Bop that never Stopped...
Chantilly Lace - The Rolling Rockabilly Jukebox..
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-20-2010, 10:59 PM
The HepKitty

If I go to Chevys website, a LSD is a $495 option, so no, 2010's don't come standard with one.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the Bop that never Stopped...
Chantilly Lace - The Rolling Rockabilly Jukebox..

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Heres what you do......... find a road that you can get stop at. and then burn them. turn around, then get out and see if you left 1or 2 marks. If you left 2 then your good. if you only left 1. talk it to the dealership. but go straight.

I was beat by RKRamos.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Garage
yeah i went back to the road i did it at the other night. and theres 1. and its up hillish but i dont see how that would do anything. and i was pretty sure an lsd couldnt be turnd off but he told me to ask so i did . hense the "time to look stupid again haha" if i dont got one ima flip a [email protected]#[email protected]#.. and these ppl know i will ive alredy done it once..

msrp pic #1

msrp pic #2

Last edited by Mentalm; 06-21-2010 at 02:25 PM.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 02:26 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Garage
sry the pics r so big i took em with my cell thats what is on the window sticker.. so im suppose to have one ? the reason im so pissed off not only did i see that of course but i asked . my sales guy and the sales manager " does this one have a limited slip diff on it" i got 2 yes's ..... p.s thanks u 2 lol hope u dont mind i put ur usernames in the name of the thread just seems u 2 are the ones that always come to my resscue lol. and i feel ok enough to ask yall stupid questions haha. i swear this cars gonna kill me stress level -----------DEADLY----------- :O

Last edited by Mentalm; 06-21-2010 at 02:38 PM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 04:46 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
YES that means that you have it.

I was beat by RKRamos.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Garage
yeah i thought so . so i do believe ill be going out to the drive way here shortley and or find a road that i can get away with doing it and light em up. and if i have the same resaults . i believe ill be getting ahold of my bestest friend the stealership. and figure out away to tell them something aint right with out them telling me i did it cause i did this or that. thx again skoal / mt. just figured id check with u all befor i went and strangled some ppl "not litterly. atleast i dont think"
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
no problem, thats what were here for.

I was beat by RKRamos.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 08:12 AM

The LSD is listed as the G85 option. In the trunk, under the carpet, you should have a sticker with all the installed options listed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode