Is it really this hard to find a cobalt ss? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2010, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Is it really this hard to find a cobalt ss?

Hi all,

I'm in the market, looking for '07 or above, but have room. There are none worth my time within 40 miles of me. Everytime I find one and make an appointment to check it out, it's sold. Noboday has a new on in white. There are a couple good used ones, but prices are way too high - although I think that turns out to be balance owed vs. depreciation value. I'm so frustrated.

I almost bought an '06 sedan yesterday for under 10k with 34k miles with 12/12 warrenty. I like it, clutch seemed to engage very very late though and there was what looked to be a small water stain on the headliner. I put $100 on it and planned to pick up this week after they do thier "certified" thing.

I did some reading, and found that sunroofs suck and need work or replacement roughly every six months; clutches go bad yearly, power steering goes out constantly, steering columns, ignition coils, front suspension, plastic chromw rubs off everywhere (and shows on shift knob). I could go on. Nothing but complaints on most reviews.

I'm not a taking a car to a dealer guy, and especially not monthly like the reviews complain. I bought a '99 blazer new and had it in 4 times under 15k. That seriously t'ed me off, but it has been ok the past 10 years aside from the expected repairs on an older vehicle.

I've been searching for one of these for about a month, after turning away from mazda, vw, etc. I'm tired of looking for a car.

I do work indirectly for GM, so I should stay loyal.

Should I stay away from the '06 cobalt SS? I did like it, but I can't predict the future. I understand it is the top of the b***om more or less, but my intention is to drive this for the next 10 years. I thought after the 12 month was up I could try my hand at an aftermarket low boost turbo, and tinker with upgrades a bit.

Any advice??

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-26-2010, 11:21 AM
The HepKitty

I haven't had any problems with my 2006 SS/SC, including the sunroof, to replace every 6 months is a rediculous claim, and the 1st I have ever heard this. if you check every car out there, there are going to be reported problems. If it were me, I would find a way to get a Turbo SS...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

the Bop that never Stopped...
Chantilly Lace - The Rolling Rockabilly Jukebox..
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-30-2010, 05:17 AM

Well i didn't had any problem in getting my cobalt ss when i was buying it.First time i heard that its difficult to find a ss.

if i spam this forum one more time with my sig, i will get banned.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-14-2010, 01:39 PM

Go to this forum and look at my car for sale...09 SS/TC 9K miles...perfect condition/shape...daily driver to work and that's it...I race my 06 Porsche 911S so this one is strictly a grocery getter...Chumly
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-22-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chumly View Post
Go to this forum and look at my car for sale...09 SS/TC 9K miles...perfect condition/shape...daily driver to work and that's it...I race my 06 Porsche 911S so this one is strictly a grocery getter...Chumly
I couldn't find it. Did u sell it already?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-23-2010, 02:10 AM
Contributing User

more than likely if it is an 06 sedan its not supercharged

09 White LSD 4 Door SS
GMPP Stage Kit

Hahn intake, charge pipes, and cat back
ttr motor mount, CIA downpipe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode