Good Tint% on sides and rear window - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 12:53 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to vdizz
Lightbulb Good Tint% on sides and rear window

I need the sides to be within ohio regulation which i think is 50% if im right? how dark should I make the back and rear side windows? Thanks ^^
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
50%?????????????

I was beat by RKRamos.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

by law in ohio 50% on sides is all you can have , im thinking of doing 20% all around, what do you think are the odds i may be pulled over?

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 02:07 PM
Contributing User

Garage
dont mean to thread jack but i have a tinting question to . i cant remmember what % is the darkest legal in md. but i know it wasnt to dark. so ill say 40%? at most 35% sides and rear . but question i have is in md acording to what i read / heard u can only do 15inchs from roof down on the windshield so if that being true would u guys think its even worth getting any tinting done at all i think itll look wierd i just havnt seen it done lol.. thx
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 05:52 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentalm View Post
dont mean to thread jack but i have a tinting question to . i cant remmember what % is the darkest legal in md. but i know it wasnt to dark. so ill say 40%? at most 35% sides and rear . but question i have is in md acording to what i read / heard u can only do 15inchs from roof down on the windshield so if that being true would u guys think its even worth getting any tinting done at all i think itll look wierd i just havnt seen it done lol.. thx
yo this may be a little old but hope it helps. http://www.tintdude.com/laws.html

and normally its 6 inches down from the top of the windshield in most states, yeah the best thing would to just leave the windshield alone, im gonna put 15-25% all around. most states legally are around 35%
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Vdizz- Whats going to happen if you get pulled over for not turning on your turn signal. and then the cop is like O looky here, 35% tint. Well you just got another ticket.

I was beat by RKRamos.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Contributing User

Garage
oh cool thx for that link. ugh i think its stupid. cops r chickens lolol thats the only reason theres a law for it now really other then them blaming accidents on blackd out windows in bad weather. now if i could tint the full windshield id be fine with 35% though id like darker but i aint gonna just tent the sides and rear and leave the windshield untented / 5'' saying with a black dash full tint would help. but o well eaither do it were asshole cop will pull me over constently or not at all grr face lol
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 09:28 AM Thread Starter

im putting 20% all around , if i get pulled over I'll pay the fine and tear it off, i just want to see howlong i can get away with it
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 09:34 AM Thread Starter

my friends had 15% for 3 years so who knows, i think it jsut depends on the area, im jsut worried about the state troopers in ohio, not the city cops
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode