just a little curious - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 01:45 AM Thread Starter
Contributing User

just a little curious

me and a buddy are going to be going to irwindale speedway tomrrow hopefully if we get off work in time.. but anyways my question is has anyone raced a stock bmw 328i? if so how did you do? i have an 07 cobalt ss/sc with 3" downpipe and 3" exhaust.. zzp dp and magnoflow exhaust... we have raced on the highway 60-120 and i pull him by about half a car but its pretty even at first untill i hit high 3rd and shift to 4th.. his is an auto with the tiptronnic thingy.. i was just wondering if in the 1/8 mile if im gonna lose just cuz he has rwd. and can launch harder than i can.. imo hes not the best driver.. but ive only launche my car 2-3 times..(off of a light) and my tires are about as bold as a cancer patient... so any hints on how i should do would be cool. or any tips on what rpm to launch at.. tire pressure etc.. thanks.. and if anyone wants to meet up there let me know be pretty sweet to race some other cobalts..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Contributing User

Garage
well ive never been to a track . and also havnt been driving a stick long haha. and i own a turbo ss. and when i launch it i useley go around 3500-4k and tire spin is there but very low amount and i normaly hook quite fast . but like i said im not the most qualified to answer ur question lol. but i figured id chime in with the launch stuff haha
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

thanks aha ya i was thinking about 3-3500 would be good.. but looks like im not going tonight i just got off work and i still have to do a few things to my car to get it ready so looks like next thursday or the one after that.. hopefully soon.. and hopefully ill have new tires maybe even some drag radials mmmm maybe slicks if i have the stage 2 installed by then lol ^_^.. so many mods so little money ahahaha.. but thanks for that info ill try it out.. how do u like the turbo balt? my buddy just upgraded from a supercharged to a turbo charged.. and said its not even close.. the turbo is wayyyyyyyyyy faster lol..

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Contributing User

Garage
wouldnt really know from what im told the turbo is a ton faster. but i wouldnt know about the s.c never drove one but as far as i can tell yeah i love the turbo it throws ya back in the seat which is why i brought it really. dealership dude was driving it the first time i went to look at it i was like open it up some dont be sceeeerrrd. he did and my head flu back lol best ive done so far was 0-60 in 5.6 seconds . acording to my budys thingy magig lololol. cant remember what it was calld haha. im sure when i get more comfertible with it and get better with a standerd i could do a better time. he has a t/a with intake header exaust well kinda hahaha.. and i let him drive my car he said id kill his car so iuno haha.. but most all is the whistle of the turbo god that sound i love it haha i nail it in 2nd and then let off just to hear it constintly lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode