New member possible new owner - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-19-2010, 11:21 PM Thread Starter

New member possible new owner

Whats up guys. I just recentley sold my 02 jeep wrangeler and go enough to go and get myself a pretty decent cobaqlt SS. The one in question is a 2006 21K miles clean carfax. I have owned 4 GM's in my time of driving and still have all but one of them (my firebird) I build up fiero's as a hobby and have recentley set my eye on a cobalt SS SC as my next daily... Only thing thats scaring me away from them is that i have seen people have problems with the clutch, steering, fuel pump and sunroof. How commen are these problems really? I dont drive all that fast and tend to baby my cars i just want somthing nice fun and reliable. My girlfriend has a stock 5 speed(thats why i love her) base model Cobalt (lt i think) and she hasent had any problems with it, Now i know there 2 diffrent breeds of cobalts but what do you guys think? How are they for daily driving reliability wise?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 01:28 AM

Hi! Welcome to the forum.I think you can go for the cobalt,its not that every car has some problem.If you maintain it properly why would you have any problem.I too have and its with out such problem.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2010, 02:43 PM
Contributing User

Garage
the steering issue isnt a real big one sense the recall that i think theyre under. so thats no big deal. the only issue ive seen common is the sunroof leakin issue. which isnt a hard thing to fix. i have a 2010 ss turbo. and i love it. shes tame on the streets unless i want her to roar. then she doesnt wana go slow again shed rather be flying lol. but all in all itsa great car some would say its a ruff ride. but i love that. others may not. but i do believe the turbo and the s/c has diffrent set ups. i personaly get good gas. i get gas every 2-3 weeks. but i dont have far to drive bout 30 ish miles a day well when i drive it every day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

35% tint sides and rear
GM Sport pedals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode