sigh how do i find all the haters? - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Garage
sigh how do i find all the haters?

so i was talking to someone about my car. on ventrillo .
and the following happens

a guy in the chan lives close to me aparently and aparently owns . "and im shocked that i got hate from him cuz these car owners have always been pretty cool all in all". well he owns a Caliber srt4. and whats he say

why u talking about ur "first time ive heard this to" "ur jokebalt" im like what? really?

~him. "yeah really. them cars are overated and slow as hell.

ME - umm they may not have 12312312 hp . but mines stock . and ill take u at half thr***le " yeahs mans ego kickd in"

~him - im stage 1 . and if i was stock id walk u all day. regardless.

Me - idc what stage u are. u have more hp. etc. but u have more weight and if u dont trq steer into a light pole . u wont walk me.

~him. will c

~me "laugh"

i must say im shocked how some random person can not only butt in outta no where. but also come at me like that. i love dodge neon / caliber srt4s hell almost brought one and all in all while the neon and cobalt is rivals all the people ive ment and such have always been quite cool. this dude was a joke. and btw doubt ill ever see lol. "but hope i do when im out driving

"by no means am i calling the srt caliber slow. i actully like that car. specialy the frontal view looks mean as hell. but ive never seen one take our cars. even staged. ive only seen 1 stage 1 though. im sure its posible cause i mean come on. anything can take anything. but ....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

35% tint sides and rear
GM Sport pedals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2010, 09:14 PM
Contributing User

Garage
Trust me they can take our cars lol they were built with a "bigger turbo" than us. they are pretty quick but if you do run him run him from a dig. that will at least give you some kind of distance if you can launch right.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 02:59 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
stock for stock?
Maybe, but i dont think so. I dont know alot about them but stock for stock the t/c will beat the neon. and i dont think the stock Caliber is as fast as the neon.

Cobaltss/tc. if a stage on Caliber for me. next weekend... lol

I was beat by RKRamos.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

and this is a supercharged cobalt.

I was beat by RKRamos.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltSS/TC View Post
Trust me they can take our cars lol they were built with a "bigger turbo" than us. they are pretty quick but if you do run him run him from a dig. that will at least give you some kind of distance if you can launch right.
they can be quick yes. but stock / stage one. they still dont touch our stock atleast thats how its been everytime ive seen a stage 1 face a stock ss turbo. stage 2 and on . vs stock ssturbo i believe yeah theyll catch up and probly pull a small amount (stage 2_) but still wont take the launch. i almost brought one till i test drove the ss love the caliber but that thing goes from the wheel being str8 then when u launch vrooom jerks the wheel verrrry hard. atleast the one i test drove did. and yeah they have a bigger turbo. and all butthe neon srt4 kills it and we kill the srt4 "normaly" lol. am i saying they cant beat us no not at all. am i saying this dude and his stage 1 can beat me? hell no. he gonna be playing catch up from a dig. a 20roll . a 40 roll. im that confadent. (spell check ? ) . still waiting on him to show up again lol.

35% tint sides and rear
GM Sport pedals
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 05:33 PM

Garage
You know what Skoal??

I'm glad that you posted that video because do you know where that footage was taken?? Right by my house at the time in West Oakland on the freeway heading southbound on i880. And I was going to post that one too.... You can check all the videos on youtube when you type in Bay Area Racing (BAR). And they will show you how we do it out here!

But to OP, don't sweat it. The CSRT-4 is no match for your CSS/TC. Even with stage one he still needs more than that to compete. The Neon SRT-4 was faster than the CSRT-4 and is pretty sad. The Neon and the SC were mostly driver race so the new Cobalt SS/TC is faster than the SC soooo in conclusion:

(STOCK)
IF Neon SRT-4>CSRT-4
AND Cobalt SS/TC>Cobalt SS/SC
AND Cobalt SS/SC~Neon SRT-4 (driver)
THEN Cobalt SS/TC> Neon SRT-4 + CSRT-4

/thread
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 05:36 PM

Garage
There really is only one way to find out.

Just tell the guy to stop running his mouth and hating on the competition (keyword BTW), and get his scardy ass out and race. Make sure that his 'stage 1' is legit and if it is. You got it. Just don't mess up and misshift all over the place to humiliate us.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Contributing User

Garage
Maybe I was wrong lol and maybe the guy I raced wasnt stock. But he didnt beat me by much with me being stock and all.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 01:33 PM

Garage
If he beat you then it wasn't stock.

You run into these little punks that beef their tuners or muscle and say, 'oh, I only did a CAI and pulleys'. But then later you find out that yes they did do that but on a different motor or with injectors and a turbo, etc, etc....

I raced a lightly modded, I mean LIGHTLY modded Neon SRT-4 back when I was just stock and it was dead even 1st and 2nd, then third, which was almost the end of the straight, he pulled half a car on me. I also do know how to drive, so misshifting is not an option. But come on now, if you flaunt your car so dearly and not want to show it, then you are giving your own bluff away. End of story.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-24-2010, 06:15 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Garage
updated ::: well the all mighty c-srt4 owner showed up today in ventrillo. i askd where he was at or where he wanted to meet / run . and the reply i got was

"give me about 3 months i was on 95 today runing a g35 turbo and around 120 my car made a loud boom. my turbo broke"

all i could do was laugh and say hmmmm. asked him what other dmg was done. he said nothing else broke the turbo siezed up

35% tint sides and rear
GM Sport pedals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode