06 Balt SS - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 01:17 PM Thread Starter

06 Balt SS

Hello everyone.

I'm new to this site. I'm 28 and I was looking into a Cobalt SS for sale near me. It's an 06 Balt SS with 65000 miles going for 10 thousand. It's fully loaded but it's not the special Recaro edition.

Do you guys think it's a good buy? Also, how old are you guys? Just trying to find out if I'm too old for this car.

Thanks for all your help. I hope I can join you guys if I do get this Balt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Contributing User

hey.it doesnt have the recaro seats? i could of sworn they all came with recaro seats? but i could be mistaken on that. im 19 had the car since i was 18. i love it. my dads 43 and he loves it and always trys to take it to work n such. so i dont think anyone is to old for this car.. i seen a lady driving one the other day. and she had to be 50+ it was pretty funny.cuz she was cruzing at 90 on the freeway. is the car stock? the only bad thing about buying these cars used is how the person treated the car before you. i would recomend looking into the 07+ because they come with the 100,000 mile warrenty atleast for the powertrain. i bought mine with 40,xxx miles on it for 12,xxx came out to like 13,500 after tax and all that stuff. if you look around you can find em pretty cheap. but if its bone stock then you can assume that atleast if it was drivin hard it was tampered with and made unstable. besides that if you know a mechanic or are pretty mechanicaly sound really look at the car. check the supercharger, get after it and listen to it make sure it sounds ok, check the pullies.etc. im sure you know what to look for but hope any of that helps. and your never to old for a car. if you like it then it doesnt matter how old you are. its your money and if you wanted to buy a geo metro because thats what you liked then more power to ya =).haha

BLACK COBALT SS 2007:
3" ZZP HIGH FLOW CAT DOWNPIPE
3" MAGNOFLOW CAT BACK.
MEGAN RACING LOWERING SPRINGS APROX 1.25"
TINTED WINDOWS
3 10" SUBS
GM STAGE 2 CLUTCH
BRAND NEW TRANS
FEW LITTLE LOOKIN GOOD GOODIES

2.9" pulley
42lb injectors
gm stage 2 belt

SOON TO COME.
bigger HE exchanger/dual pass/drag radials or slicks. .
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 02:23 PM
Contributing User

Garage
10k for 65k miles isnt horrible but can be better . specialy sense the market for the s/c is quickly going downhill sense the 08 ss turbos are starting to be found used so people are starting to have a harder time sellin the s/c versions. why idk cause i love the s.c cobalt but own a turbo balt. if i was u i try getting it down to 8ish need me to haggle for ya and im 23 . dads 49 and i had to take my spare key from him cause i got sick of my car missing lol. moms 51 and shes always hounding me to let her drive it "she doesnt know how to drive stick 2 well. last stick she drove she wsa like 16 lol. my uncles 55 and hes thinking bout getting one cause i took him out in mine . basicly theres no such thing as to old for a car. while yes alot of cars apeal more greatly to a younger and or older crowed. theres no law against owning what u want . *long story short quit worryin that ull look foolish behind the wheel of it lol. cause u wont when i got my car my dad drove it home cause i was still learning to drive stick. and girls 18- 20 -25 years of age atleast looked that way was checking him out lol. *u should see my dad. snow white hair etc ...* so there ya go lol GL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

35% tint sides and rear
GM Sport pedals

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 04:22 PM
Contributing User

Not all 06's came with Recaro seats. Only the ones with the G85 package. I am 54 and love mine.

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 07:03 AM

Im 19 just bought my 06 SS supercharger orange with the recaro seats, I bought mine for 14k with only 24k miles on it
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 12:25 PM
The HepKitty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORG06SS/SC View Post
Im 19 just bought my 06 SS supercharger orange with the recaro seats, I bought mine for 14k with only 24k miles on it
thats a pretty good find and buy...

the Bop that never Stopped...
Chantilly Lace - The Rolling Rockabilly Jukebox..
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 04:03 PM

I have an '06 SS and it's not an SS/SC. Only the SS/SC's had the Recaro seats and Supercharger. I'm 63 and still love mine!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 02:47 AM

i got an 06 ss/na with 15,xxx miles for just over 12k...im 20 years old and love the car
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode