hey all. "oil change / stupid uncle." - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-07-2010, 08:49 PM Thread Starter
Contributing User

Garage
hey all. "oil change / stupid uncle."

so im cheap and my uncle has ramps lives around the block. *2x 4x4's to get up on ramps should work .. hopefully but anyways. i changed the oil in my mothers new used car a few weeks. ago and flushed the radiator etcetc

well following mt's advice . i want to change my oil this weekend. alredy got 5qts of mobile 1 . may need another quart from what ive been told. just need to get the filter.

so i calld my uncle like let me borrow ur ramps. and of corse he asks how many miles i got. / how long have i had my car cause i rarely drive it .

answer - got the car end of may ish. its got 2006 miles on it "bet skoal says something bout my miles again haha ". so givin all that do u all agree with me i should change the oil "specialy sense its geting cold dont wana wait to long and end up doing it with snow around lol.

long story short. hes a "researcher" . he looked up my car why i have no clue and said they put "special break in oil in it and only suppose to change it at 5k miles or 10months after i got the car *first oil change followed by 5k miles after that. . so no ramps are being borrowed gay right. basicly want to hear ur thoughts. should i or shouldnt i. and is that crap true? i checkd the oil a few days ago. good level. didnt look dark. not as clear as it use to be but still useable in my eyes. and im from the country. aint got ramps thats what a curbs for ;D

thx... ugh

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

35% tint sides and rear
GM Sport pedals

Last edited by Mentalm; 10-07-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 10-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Contributing User

Change it as often as you like. It won't hurt changing it more often than not. Just make sure its changed by the time your oil life reads low.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode