Decision for a Clutch. Stock just wont hold up to what I am putting down. - Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-26-2011, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Decision for a Clutch. Stock just wont hold up to what I am putting down.

Ok people here is the issue that I am having. I have perfomance mods on my 06 COBALT SS SC and I am expereincing clutch slippage when I get into boost. I am pushing about 18 psi of boost. I can roll into the throttle in 2nd gear and the clutch slips pretty bad and also slips into 3rd and I don't power shift this car at all. I have been looking at clutch KITS for about 3 days and I am totally lost on which one to get. I know that it all depends on the torque and hp the car is producing but I never would of thought that these kits would of cost this much. I have looked mainly at the ACT HDSS that is rated for 435 ft/lb torque which I know will be sufficient for what I have and plan on doing to the car. The kit is around $800 which includes the pressure plate flywheel and clutch disc. Looking for some input on suggestions and experience with after market clutches that you have had installed and how they feel. Thanks for looking at the forum and please post input on here have a good day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 01-28-2011, 06:59 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Talk to Turbo Tech Racing. Iam sure they will be able to help you out.

I was beat by RKRamos.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 11:03 AM

I fell you pain ever to of my friends that have the same car same tune have already fryed their clutch im sure ill be in their boat. I found a nice stage 3 at modern preformance for 599 go to theri site and see if can find someting you like. Good luck on what ever decision you make and keep us posted

2009 Chevy Cobalt SS TC
Trifecta Powered
1 of 100 4 door SS TC
2006 Chevy Silverado

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 02-01-2011, 03:26 PM

Garage
Hey Raider, are you by any chance in the Bay Area??

Any questions about the Balt, all answered here:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Chevy Cobalt SS Forum : Chevrolet Cobalt SS Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode